Thread: Lava room-pernickety controls, enough is enough! | Forums

I've stood in the control room, made the lava go and return (and noticed the metal 'plank' go up and down the wall). I've been in the lava room and swung the gear lever left and right etc. I think I've now sussed that the idea is to get the fan going and get the lava heat to send warm air to the airship. But, i've hit two snags:

1. No matter what I do to the lever in the control room it now refuses to play. I've snuck on it, double clicked on it, offered it massive bribes but to no avail. This is s very poorly designed interface and I'm seriously thinking of going back to interactive chess. is there some way round my proble? I've spent several half hours of wasted time.

2. Someone can e-mail me this to avoid spoiling but in which of the two rooms lava/control is the fan switch please?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've stood in the control room, made the lava go and return (and noticed the metal 'plank' go up and down the wall). I've been in the lava room and swung the gear lever left and right etc. I think I've now sussed that the idea is to get the fan going and get the lava heat to send warm air to the airship. But, i've hit two snags:

1. No matter what I do to the lever in the control room it now refuses to play. I've snuck on it, double clicked on it, offered it massive bribes but to no avail. This is s very poorly designed interface and I'm seriously thinking of going back to interactive chess. is there some way round my proble? I've spent several half hours of wasted time.

2. Someone can e-mail me this to avoid spoiling but in which of the two rooms lava/control is the fan switch please?

Okay, in the room where the door wouldn't open from the other side (the one that you jumped down into), go to the lever and push it up. This will make the lava clear out. Now go down the ladder. Go to the controls and push the knob down, left, down, then go turn the fan on in front of you. Then go back to the controls and push it up, right, up, left. Pushing it left will make the lava come back. Go back up the ladder and turn the knob down. The gears in front of you should turn red.