Thread: Map causing keyboard freeze | Forums

Sometimes when in a room on HL...After spawning on the runway I open the map (M key), and it freezes up my keeebored, joystick still works but no keys......
    I've tried Alt/Esc to desktop, but it doesn't help...
    Anybody else having this?

Oblt.Helgstrand
    JG52 Recruiting Officer
    JG52 The Butcherbirds
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Helgs Skins

See our Official Web site. Click on Enlist to sign your life away or just take a look around.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Sometimes when in a room on HL...After spawning on the runway I open the map (M key), and it freezes up my keeebored, joystick still works but no keys......
    I've tried Alt/Esc to desktop, but it doesn't help...
    Anybody else having this?

Oblt.Helgstrand
    JG52 Recruiting Officer
    JG52 The Butcherbirds

Do a Ctrl Esc and then maximize the game again.

Solutions for internet security & spyware problems... http://www.geocities.com/callingelvis911/s_s.html

Luckyboy = Senior hydraulic landing gear designer for the P-11 & Contributing Editor to Complete Users magazine.

Hi,

What happens if you don't open the map? I know, I know - you need the map to see where to go but I'm trying to get a fix on what is happening. What happens if you leave it closed and open it when you're airborne?
    Also, what happens if you tie the map key to your stick - will you still have the same problem? Another Q. What happens when you use any other keys - I for Engine on, Ctrl E, etc?

I'm just asking because I've never heard of this one before, and I spend a fair amount of time in HL. Is your keyboard connection secure and is it PS2 or USB?

It sounds very frustrating

Sometimes when you click in the map area with the mouse, you accidentally bring up the chat window. If you close chat by clicking elswhere in the window, the keyboard will not respond. You must use the ESC key to close the chat to avoid this problem.

If you find you've done this by accident, click back in the chat area to re-open it, then use the ESC key to close chat again, that should bring the keyboard back.

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully

Thanx for your answers guys...

@Brando, If I remember right it only happens when I'm on the ground and I open the map, no other keys...

@Tully, soooo I'm thinking you might have the answer, I will try clicking on chat window and Esc out of it next time it happens.

Thanx again...

Oblt.Helgstrand
    JG52 Recruiting Officer
    JG52 The Butcherbirds
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Helgs Skins

See our Official Web site. Click on Enlist to sign your life away or just take a look around.

On that happy note, bedtime.

Man, I can't sleep.

Oblt.Helgstrand
    JG52 Recruiting Officer
    JG52 The Butcherbirds
    Helgs Skins

LOL

Looks like the cat is watching the Playboy network.

~S~

Fliege mit Mut, Fliege mit Ehre
    ~S~

Adler out