Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Six Siege's Playlists to Evolve in the Coming Months | Forums

Rainbow Six Siege's Playlists to Evolve in the Coming Months

We’re thrilled to see the community’s reaction to the game since launch, and we’re also striving to consistently improve the online experience for all players. As discussed in our recent Reddit AMA, the team is hard at work in ironing out server and connectivity issues and will detail those improvements in an official set of patch notes next week.

Today, however, we’re excited to share details on how the settings of Rainbow Six Siege’s main PVP playlist, Casual and Rank, will be evolving in the short term as well as our intention to create a dedicated hardcore playlist with its own set of rules.

1. MID-JANUARY 2015: SYNCH BACK THE HUD OF CASUAL / RANKED PLAYLISTS.This will be done two weeks after launch through a title update. After compiling the Open Beta feedback we received, we have refined our choices for HUD settings and have decided to apply them identically to both Ranked and Casual. Minor exceptions will exist however for settings other than HUD.
    2. HIGH PRIORITY IN 2016: DEVELOP AND LAUNCH A DEDICATED HARDCORE PLAYLIST. Current plan is to develop a full-fledged hardcore playlist (if the player base allows it). By having hardcore be its own playlist, we will have the liberty to have the hardcore experience that we want and that the community deserves. Meanwhile, players will be able to enjoy a Hardcore pre-set in Custom games.

Why these changes?

We are convinced that Casual and Ranked experiences should be as close and consistent as possible. Players of Casual matches should feel welcome to try a more ‘competitive’ playlist and get a rating for their performances, without having to re-learn or re-adapt to new settings. Similarly, Ranked players should feel compelled to launch in Casual, either to play without ‘ladder anxiety’ or just to try out a new strategy or Operator. For these reasons we are re-synching HUD on Ranked and Casual.

As for a Hardcore Playlist, we fully understand the desire for a more ‘realistic’ mode and want to support this at its best, without compromising the game play. As stated, this is a priority for us in 2016 and in the meantime, we invite you to try the Hardcore pre-set in Custom games and send us your feedback.

What are the new settings on Ranked and Casual? How were they chosen?

Based on our observations, numerous discussions, and a survey we ran among 10,000 players*, we settled on the following settings for our Ranked and Casual Playlists.

Overall we are keeping most of the current HUD elements for both Ranked and Casual as they are considered helpful elements (see survey results below), and deemed as necessary to properly feedback the player on their game experience.

Casual Ranked
    HUD Elements
    Scoring indicator ON ON
    Threat indicator ON ON
    Hit indicator ON ON
    Hit confirmation (gadgets & friendly fire only) ON ON
    Frag grenade indicator ON ON
    Teammate outline ON ON
    Kill confirmation on crosshair ON ON
    Teammate name display ON ON
    Crosshair ON ON
    Reload indicator ON ON
    Health bar ON ON
    Weapon Panel ON ON
    Compass ON ON
    VS Notification ON ON
    Kill Cam ON OFF
    Clearance Level 0 20
    Spawn Vote OFF ON
    # of Rounds BO5 BO6+ up to 3
    round in case of tie
    *survey among the 10,000 players who had played the most Ranked and Casual matches during the open beta.

Why are there still some minor differences between Ranked & Casual?

We decided to keep some minor differences between both playlists, especially on Killcam and Spawn Vote. Here is why:

• We see the killcam as a learning tool for our players and this is why we insist on having it in the Casual playlist. However, we consider that the players who choose to play Ranked have already learned the basics and do not need the killcam.
    • Spawn Vote are out for Casual as we consider auto-cycling through all spawn points helps the player learn the maps faster. It also removes some time between rounds.

What will be in the Hardcore Playlist?

This is not fully decided yet, as we are still compiling data. We will get back to you shortly to start this discussion, as we want this playlist’s setting choices to be built and iterated on with your help. We can confirm that we are considering minimal HUD, as well displaying mag count (vs ammo count).

So does that mean that starting mid-December I won’t be able to play with Hardcore Settings?

We will have a Hardcore Pre-set in Custom Games for anyone to try with minimal HUD (for now). Try it out as we will use this Custom Game Pre-Set to test & refine our choices for the future Hardcore Playlist. Custom games are not yet on dedicated servers, however we are working hard to have them up and running on dedicated servers as soon as possible in 2016.

See details of Hardcore Playlists:

Hardcore
    HUD Elements
    Scoring indicator OFF
    Threat indicator OFF
    Hit indicator ON
    Hit confirmation (gadgets & friendly fire only) OFF
    Frag grenade indicator OFF
    Teammate outline OFF
    Kill confirmation on crosshair ON
    Teammate name display ON
    Crosshair ON
    Reload indicator OFF
    Health Bar ON
    Weapon Panel ON
    Compass ON
    VS Notification ON
    Kill Cam OFF

Why aren’t you creating the Hardcore Playlist now?

We want time to build it properly and we want to avoid extra player segmentation that would not be absolutely necessary. This game is still in its early days and we will make it grow with your help. When we’ll be ready for more playlist(s) –and extra segmentation of the player base- then we will gladly make these additional playlists, with your involvement throughout the whole process. What we want to avoid is creating a playlist or mode that does not have enough population, which would consequently have a negative impact on matchmaking and the overall experience of the game.

Can you share the details of the survey?

Below are the results, Note that we ran the survey among the 10,000 players who played the most Ranked & Casual matches during the open beta. This survey was ran in two countries (UK and USA).

Last edited by UbiEpi; 12-17-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wow that was some bad news :/ making ranked play more casual and even the hardcore mode got killconfirmation crosshairs and alot of stuff that don't belong, my hope for a rainbow six game worth it's name seems out of reach and will probably never be made. guess it's time to stop dreaming

LoL

Ubisoft chaning the game for a 10.000 noobs survey and turning the game more casual and unskilled.

R6S --> R.I.P.

I could understand trying to get casuals players to feel comfortable in ranked but then you attract people who don't care about if they win or lose. Sometimes you can't always get a full squad or the enemy team won't have a full team either and getting those people who don't care will leave or avoid working with the team.

Also hardcore mode shouldn't have crosshairs, hit indicators, kill confirmation on crosshair, and a health bar. I can already see people asking for a hardcore ranked playlist too if the focus is to make ranked more casual friendly, I know I'll be one of those people. Yes I can see the dev team be worried about splitting the community even more but it gives the community more variety in what they want to play instead of limiting their choices.

Edit: I forgot to mention, since ranked is calculated solely to your team winning, it doesn't help when you attract casual players who don't care as much whether they win or lose. Not saying thats the mindset of majority of casual players but you see it a lot if you solo queue, can't always make a full squad. But either way people won't be playing ranked until the game is in more of a stable position. Its not fun when you get an error and never get an option to reconnect to the match which gives you an automatic lost.
    Last edited by Chr1sTC; 12-11-2015 at 11:53 PM.

tq9g3n

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sTC View Post
    I could understand trying to get casuals players to feel comfortable in ranked but then you attract people who don't care about if they win or lose. Sometimes you can't always get a full squad or the enemy team won't have a full team either and getting those people who don't care will leave or avoid working with the team.

Also hardcore mode shouldn't have crosshairs, hit indicators, kill confirmation on crosshair, and a health bar. I can already see people asking for a hardcore ranked playlist too if the focus is to make ranked more casual friendly, I know I'll be one of those people. Yes I can see the dev team be worried about splitting the community even more but it gives the community more variety in what they want to play instead of limiting their choices.
    +1000

If Ubisoft do this changes the game will die because the players that love this game (near hardcore gamers) will leave the game.

The onlyone solution is make a real hardcore mode (without any help) with its ranking for veteran players, if not this game will turn in a new CoD of 5v5 matches for casuals and comunity will lose all the interest.

I'm thinking seriously about uninstalling R6S.

derp im ******ed

Quote Originally Posted by neo_bpm View Post
    +1000

If Ubisoft do this changes the game will die because the players that love this game (near hardcore gamers) will leave the game.

The onlyone solution is make a real hardcore mode (without any help) with its ranking for veteran players, if not this game will turn in a new CoD of 5v5 matches for casuals and comunity will lose all the interest.

I'm thinking seriously about uninstalling R6S.
    i played black arrow, vegas, vegas2, and many other tom clancy title's.
    after 70 hours i realize it would be a very good idea to not play this game for some time because everything im doing seems to bank towards nothing but renown i really dont need at this point... i had to filter out defuse and defend and keep extract and classic t hunt, and i only play casual to work up renown towards skins all worse than the fire one you get from the beta.
    im basically waiting at this point for more operators, weapon attachments, and game fixes. untill these things happen i've got more pull to go on csgo and rank up for a r8 revolver box and try and get some headshots with the damn thing.
    my grind for rainbow feels over, the game isn't in a state for me to even want to bother with ranked.
    i really cant wait to get back into this game once i see more maps and have an easier way of adding some of the older people i've met who have come and gone that i've actually had good game's with who know what rainbow was about.
    add an add player button, im not writing down messed up account names or remembering them in my head so i can shift+f2 and type it all out only to have my recruit automatically selected for me by the time im done : \
    i feel like all the people working on this game were like the grandchildren of the true forefathers of rainbow who didn't spend enough time with grandpa
    i dont know what im saying anymore i need to die
    vegas 3 confirmed yet or ?
    Oysters clams and cockles!

My opinion on this.

Hardcore should be like this:

HUD Elements

Scoring indicator OFF
    Threat indicator OFF
    Hit indicator OFF
    Hit confirmation (gadgets & friendly fire only) OFF
    Frag grenade indicator OFF
    Teammate outline OFF
    Kill confirmation on crosshair OFF
    Teammate name display ON (You can distinguish friends and foes quite easy in real life, this is a simple way to compensate it)
    Crosshair OFF
    Reload indicator OFF
    Health Bar ON (you can estimate quite well how bad you've been wounded in real life)
    Weapon Panel ON or OFF (If the notification at the bottom of the screen is meant that shows the inventory keybinds, it's useful. Even after playing the game for a while you can get confused with the gadget keybinds when changing operator. I don't mind it turned ON but would be ok with it turned OFF as well)
    Compass ON (Compensates handsignals and vocal communication additionally to the great 'ping' feature)
    VS Notification OFF (If the ATK-DEF notification is meant)
    Kill Cam ON or OFF (Since the maps are not as big as BF2 maps, it isn't hard to recognise the relativ player position. No one can camp far away and complain about his super hidden camper spot is compromised. The Kill Cam is useful to learn the maps and the gameplay in general, it also helps to spot cheaters. I'd like to have it ON but wouldn't mind it turned OFF)

Ammo and Mag count can both stay. In real life, you can easily check mag count by looking at or your chest rig and check ammo with windowed or translucent magazines.

Last edited by RenKillem; 12-12-2015 at 01:39 AM.
    technical difficulties (nvidia/tdr)
    Platform:PC

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sTC View Post

hardcore mode shouldn't have crosshairs, hit indicators, kill confirmation on crosshair, and a health bar..
    I agree with this completely. Also don't show ammo. and please make it so if you reload a half full mag it doesn't just magically load bullets into that mag, it would put the half full mag into a dump pouch to use after you run out of full mags.

Any chance you could sync casual to ranked instead of the other way?

I read the post and I still don't get why you (Ubisoft) consider that a necessary change. Why don't just have 3 modi: Casual as it is now...Ranked as it is now and then Hardcore which is really hardcore with minimal Hud and more realistic damage system. So those who just want a more casual and more easy game for friday evening can play casual, those who want a more challenging match with ranks can play ranked and those who want the best atmosphere and challenge the game can offer play Hardcore.

The only difference between Casual and Ranked as you plan it and I understand it is just the killcam, spawn vote and a round more...so why should I be bothered to play ranked matches then? I didn't play ranked for now, because I am waiting for the matchmaking fixes, but I am already hyped about the more challenging space than casual matches can offer, which won't exist anymore with these changes. If I say challenging I don't mean just more experienced players, I also mean a reduced Hud which needs more situational awarenes and so on.

You don't want to divide the community, but as I can see it changing from now 2 different, but not extreme different modi to 2 almost identical and one extreme Hardcore modus would definitly divide the playerbase more due to the lack of variety. So those who want a challenge, but find Hardcore to hard and Casual/Ranked to easy..where will those go? And those who just want an easy round in casual with other low skilled or casual players will face more experienced and harder foes who will completely destroy them, because these foes won't see a difference anymore between ranked and casual. To summarize: There won't be something between Hardcore and Casual/Ranked and if you plan to make Hardcore less hardcore and more like the present Ranked modus, why then even bother to change the current system?

Unfortunatley I couldn't participate in these surveys, but from someone who really loves your game and want to play it for the next years, cause no shooter before except BF3 gave me such a fun playing it, I would appreciate it if you may consider to rethink this concept.

Sincerely a caring Player
    Last edited by IGERIPhobos; 12-12-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast