Thread: HELP!! | Forums

Okay i have a really weird problem.

I can join servers and play all day and all night.

BUT

When i make a server, (Internet OR LAN makes no difference) it starts up fine, people join and we start playing and all seems cool.

THEN

From out of no-where I either get kicked to desktop with Ravenshield closed down or Everyone else in the server gets a connection failed message and they all just dissapear and i am left on the level myself! But i get no error message!

Any suggestions? Its gettin pretty annoying. My first thought was maybe something to do with PB. I have it ON in the options menu but OFF in the server options would this cause a conflict?

Athlon 2600+ 333FSB
    1024MB DRAM (PC2700)
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb
    Full retail UK version of RVS
    Patched to 1.52
    Punkbuster installed
    Jetway KT400 Motherboard

This is the ONLY problem i have and it must be just something stupid i've overlooked.....

"YOU'RE DOG MEAT PAL!" - Hudson (Aliens)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Okay i have a really weird problem.

I can join servers and play all day and all night.

BUT

When i make a server, (Internet OR LAN makes no difference) it starts up fine, people join and we start playing and all seems cool.

THEN

From out of no-where I either get kicked to desktop with Ravenshield closed down or Everyone else in the server gets a connection failed message and they all just dissapear and i am left on the level myself! But i get no error message!

Any suggestions? Its gettin pretty annoying. My first thought was maybe something to do with PB. I have it ON in the options menu but OFF in the server options would this cause a conflict?

Athlon 2600+ 333FSB
    1024MB DRAM (PC2700)
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb
    Full retail UK version of RVS
    Patched to 1.52
    Punkbuster installed
    Jetway KT400 Motherboard

This is the ONLY problem i have and it must be just something stupid i've overlooked.....

Bumpity bump

do you need a patch to play online?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by soldiersback:
    do you need a patch to play online? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need the same patch as the server you're joining. In this case most servers are now on 1.52 and possibly soon to be 1.53.

--------------------
    "obviously u dun kno dat a game is not real life.. nor will it eva come close to real life.. u wanna shoot ppl in a game like u can in real like..den get a life n quit games n join de army... n stop sitting on ur lazy *** n comp

I've got up to 1.53 its not the patch thats the problem i've had this trouble since the 1.50 patch.

I can play fine but I simply cannot HOST a game for more than a minute.

It just kicks back to desktop and Ravenshield closes down. Sniff Sniff

Guess I'll just have to join other peoples games if no-one can come up with an answer....