Thread: PING ISSUES | Forums

i cannot seem to get a normal ping since i had to reinstall ravenshield b/c of hardware updates i made to my computer...my ping is at a constant 1000...also..i do not see server pings when i go into multiplayer mode..i have cable through my local cable provider(roadrunner)..if someone has any suggestions i would appreciate it very much....D2..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i cannot seem to get a normal ping since i had to reinstall ravenshield b/c of hardware updates i made to my computer...my ping is at a constant 1000...also..i do not see server pings when i go into multiplayer mode..i have cable through my local cable provider(roadrunner)..if someone has any suggestions i would appreciate it very much....D2..

Your firewall is blocking the ICMP TCP packets.

Hardware/NAT firewall: Enable WAN Requests
    Software firewall: Allow incoming and outgoing ICMP.

Consult your manuals for specific information depending on what firewall you have set up.

Autoload

http://www.RavenShieldMod.com

Autoload

Hey i am having the same problem and i dont have a firewall running....so it might be a problem with your software plus another person ona different computer tried installing your game and is haveing the same problem. Non of my other multiplayer games have this problem. I can see my pings in all of them. Hmmmmmmmmm

Banned
    some ISPs also block ICMP packets

It appears to be likely that the ping problem is an ISP blocking pings, there is more that it could be. I've had 1000 pings in game and no pings in the server browser for a long time now, and I know for a fact that my ISP was blocking some things.
    But within the past month or so I've suddenly got in game ping values again, but I mostly get no pings in the server browser. I say mostly because I can get maybe 8 servers at most to return pings. I've heard other people report the same behavior, and it seems to be very unlikely that this particular behavior is because of ICMP blocking or router issues.

Yep I had this problem at first when I first installed the game then I checked my firewall logs and there it was it was blocking packets from the game for reading pping times. I made a rule now ok.