Top Priorities and Known Issues | Updated 11/21/2016
Issue Name: Hit Detection/Registration
- Priority: 1
- Platform impacted: All platforms
- Error description: Some users are experiencing situations that give them the impression that their bullets are not properly registering as a hit. Other instances lead to enemies not appearing to be aiming directly at the player in the Kill Camera, but still landing shots. It is also worth noting that high latency is not the biggest culprit when it comes to hit registration. Unstable latency leads to more of these issues than high latency, and is something that we will address in the Upcoming Fixes section.
- Issue fix state: In progress
- Upcoming fixes & timing:
- Improved telemetry: Throughout Season 3, one of the primary focuses has been improving the data that we are collecting surrounding the hit registration issue. We have been able to use this data to determine the frequency of shots not registering (<1%) but also to track the cause. This will allow us to better determine the appropriate avenue to take and ultimately help us correct the issue at hand.
- Align the Kill Camera: We will be taking steps during Season 3 to align the Kill Camera to properly represent where the enemy was aiming. This alignment glitch consists of a majority of the videos that we have seen on the subject, and has been recognized as a point of contention amongst the community.
- Neck shots are not headshots: We have noticed that some players are landing a hit on the enemy’s neck, but believe they have scored a headshot. We are going to make an adjustment that will make this more noticeable in Season 4.
- Unstable Connection Icon: Implementing a notification or icon when you are experiencing an unstable connection is something that we would like to implement down the road. We do not have a time frame for when this feature would be implemented.
Online & Multiplayer
Connectivity & Installation
[PC][BattlEye] BattlEye Troubleshooting
- We are aware that some users are encountering difficulty when attempting to run the game with BattlEye. Please refer to the FAQ here, and the troubleshooting thread here.
[XB1/PS4/PC][Multiplayer] Connection Issues / IPv6 [In progress]
- If your Internet provider is using an IPv6 protocol and you are experiencing issues with online functions of the game, please make sure that IPv4 protocol support is enabled in your router settings. Unfortunately due to sheer number of different router models available on the market we are unable to guide you how to do it, but information regarding this setting should be available in your router's manual or on your ISP's support website.
[PC][BattlEye] Poor Laptop FPS
- We are aware that some users are facing significantly decreased performance when attempting to play on a laptop. Please refer to the troubleshooting thread here.
Bugs & Glitches
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Blackbeard] Gun Shield disappears in 3rd person when pressed against a collision surface [Reported]
- Blackbeard's Gun Shield will disappear in 3rd person when the character model is against a surface that has a collision field, like a wall or another character model.
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Border] Hostage doesn't move after attackers have taken them [Reported]
- In some rare instances, the Hostage will not move after being grabbed by the Attacking Operators.
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Nitro Cells and Cluster Charge grenades will sometimes not clip properly [Reported]
- We are investigating cases that lead to Nitro Cells being thrown through windows and then appearing back at the window, as if stuck to a barricade.
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Valkyrie] Defuser destruction [In progress]
- Valkyrie is able to perform a series of actions that can instantly destroy the defuser.
Scheduled to be fixed in Patch 4.3.
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Weapons remain in an infinite loading animation [Reported]
- In some cases, a player can be stuck in an infinite reloading animation.
[Bug/Glitch] Ranked join in progress [Reported]
- Players are reporting that they are joining Ranked matches that are already in progress.
[NEW][XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Echo Drone Clipping [Reported]
- Echo's drone is able to clip into the ceiling in some locations.
[NEW][XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Twitch] Shock Drone First Shot No Damage [Reported]
- The first shot fired from Twitch's Shock Drone does not deal any damage, or have any impact on the environment/gadgets.
[NEW][XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Gold Weapon Skin [Reported]
- The Gold weapon skin is misspelled as "Cold".
[NEW][XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Tachanka] Delayed Turret Destruction [Reported]
- When Tachanka's LMG is destroyed by a X-KAIROS charge through a wall, it remains fully function for a period of a few seconds before disappearing.
[NEW][XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch][Oregon] Invisible Wall [Reported]
- There is a wall that players are able to see through from one direction, but not the other.
[XB1/PS4/PC][General] Hit Registration for both players in 1st Person View is inaccurate [In progress]
- Please refer to the "High Priority Issues" section at the top of the thread.
Last edited by UbiEpi; 10-13-2016 at 03:42 PM.
8 people found this helpful