Thread: Uplay PC Client - November Update | Forums

Uplay PC Client - November Update

Hello Folks,

We've got an update for you today containing a few smaller features than our previous monthly updates. With this update we're looking to iron out a few creases here and there, and to get rid of a few annoyances that some of you have mentioned. Check out the notes before for more info.

Changes in this release:

• Steam games that are not installed on your computer will no longer appear as installed in the Uplay client. (NOTE: This feature only works correctly if Uplay is running on the Windows account on which the the game was installed.)
    • If a 3rd party application is required for a game and this application is not installed, the Uplay client will now download and start the installer automatically. Once the user has completed installation steps for the 3rd party application, the download/install process for the game will be triggered automatically
    • Added the option to choose which page should be the default starting page when launching the Uplay client (News, Games or last played game)
    • It is now possible to paste product keys during product activation using a controller or by right-clicking the text field with the mouse
    • Added additional personal Ubisoft Club stats to profile pages
    • When downloading a game that supports Progressive Downloading, the time and progress until a game is playable is now displayed on the “PLAY” button.
    • Progress towards a fully playable state for Progressive Download enabled games is now displayed on the game’s splash window and in the download manager
    • The Overview pages for games have been rearranged slightly. Featured News items and friends currently in game are now displayed at the top of the page
    • Added categories to the Actions page to give a clearer view of the different types of Actions and Badges that are available

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed for crash that could happen when a game update was downloaded on a drive with insufficient space available
    • Fixed some images that were missing from various DLC tiles
    • Fixed and issue that prevented downloads from being resumed while a game was running
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the first chat messages, game invites or friend requests to not appear
    • Fixed a rare issue that would sometimes prevent friends from displaying as “In game” on a games’ “Overview” page
    • Additional minor bug fixes

As always, keep on sharing your feedback... we're watching our forums closely.

The Uplay Team
    Last edited by Ubi-Cain; 11-23-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Hello Ubi-Cain, this update took some of the annoying things that were still present in Uplay so thank you for that. However there are still a few things that I think could be better in the client:
    -If the startup page is "Game" could it be possible for the client to open to the "installed tab" instead of "My games"?
    -A back button would be appreciated. This is just a very minor annoyance but it would allow me to use my mouse to go back to the main page instead of always having to client the page.

Thats all I can think of concerning minor annoyances. Is it also possible to add the full amount of time we have been playing a game on the game page? The information is available on our online profile only.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xamon0288 View Post
    Is it also possible to add the full amount of time we have been playing a game on the game page? The information is available on our online profile only.
    Wait, we have play time tracking now? I wasn't aware of that.

Hi, is there a way to hide the UI?, mainly after playing a game. I mean, if I click in a game icon in my desktop or steam, I want to directly play that game. And when I quit the game, I want to return to desktop or steam, or whatever the place I was before playing the game. Now, after launching a ubisoft game from desktop, when quitting the game, UPlay appears.

Thanks a lot for your posts. They are full of information.