Thread: ARGH! AI Vehicle Path problems | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hiyo,
    Im attempting to get 1 grunt to get into a humvee, drive into a group of other grunts and right off a cliff. I've followed the manual to a T and I still cant get it to work. The grunt just runs over, gets in the humvee, starts up the egition and sits there.
    I've done several forum searches and found several threads on this very issue however I cannot find a working solution.
    I have it set up just like this:
    1 huge island with a high cliff, 4 grunts at the cliff edge, 1 grunt in the middle with a humvee, Proximity trigger surrounding the grunt in the middle and the humvee. Trigger is set to on Enter get into dunebuggy. The grunt gets into the buggy however he just sits there staring. I have 3 AIPoints set up, first one named buggy1 buggy 2 and buggy 3 fairly close to the humvee so they are not out of range. I have in my humvee's properties pathname: buggy Pathstart:1 and pathsteps: 3. As I've said, I push AI/Physics, the grunt runs up and gets into humvee and just sits there like an idiot.
    I have tried reload script and I have done the Generate AI Triangulation and they didint work.

Thanks for any help in advance

-Ninja

Edit: ACK!
    Soooo sorry about the dubble post, my internet connection froze and I didint think the first one went through! >_< really sorry
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hiyo,
    Im attempting to get 1 grunt to get into a humvee, drive into a group of other grunts and right off a cliff. I've followed the manual to a T and I still cant get it to work. The grunt just runs over, gets in the humvee, starts up the egition and sits there.
    I've done several forum searches and found several threads on this very issue however I cannot find a working solution.
    I have it set up just like this:
    1 huge island with a high cliff, 4 grunts at the cliff edge, 1 grunt in the middle with a humvee, Proximity trigger surrounding the grunt in the middle and the humvee. Trigger is set to on Enter get into dunebuggy. The grunt gets into the buggy however he just sits there staring. I have 3 AIPoints set up, first one named buggy1 buggy 2 and buggy 3 fairly close to the humvee so they are not out of range. I have in my humvee's properties pathname: buggy Pathstart:1 and pathsteps: 3. As I've said, I push AI/Physics, the grunt runs up and gets into humvee and just sits there like an idiot.
    I have tried reload script and I have done the Generate AI Triangulation and they didint work.

Thanks for any help in advance

-Ninja

Edit: ACK!
    Soooo sorry about the dubble post, my internet connection froze and I didint think the first one went through! &gt;_&lt; really sorry

1st please don't double post the same info in 2 threads.

2nd you should be aware that only 3 tagpoints is not very much. The humvee must be able to see the 1st tagpoint, hiding it behind terrain or on higher ground will not work. Try adding more tagpoints. Be sure you have set up the tagpoint name properly and also assigned the proper groupids to the mercs and humvee... DOUBLE CHECK EVERY OBJECT!

IMO the Manual explains that perfectly. So read the instructions again.

AEon Check the Far Cry Editing FAQ by Swoop/AEon

Thanks for the quick reply
    Sorry again for the dubble post, I didint mean to =/
    I am aware, however its not a long ways, they are all within sight and all only about 4-8 feet away from eachother (the first one being only 5 feet away from the humvee) I've read the manual fully and I understand what to do perfectly doing exactly what it says.
    The grunt and the humvee are both in the same group. I added more tagpoints and that did nothing. I correctly named the tagpoints aswell.
    I dunno what could be the problem

Did you check the Pathname, Pathstart and Pathsteps? You need to have the vehicle path name the same as the tagpoints. (say tagpoint is abc0, abc1 and abc2. The pathname would be abc and the pathstart 0 and the pathsteps 2)

-Hound
    -Hound

As AE-on and Doomhound said, the Path should begin with 0 then 1 then 2.... It MUST begin with zero but it can be named whatever you want (buggypath0, buggypath1, etc.). Pathsteps include the buggypath0 tagpoint. So if you have buggypath0, buggypath1, and buggypath2 the pathstep would be 3.

Also make sure the buggy and the grunt has the same unique ID, make sure they are not 154 but something you specify.

What AE-on said is sooo true, double or triple check everything.

jinker.org

Thanks for the replies!
    I've done all that, i've even recreated the map 3 times from scratch and still nothing.
    I've made the tagpoints like this,
    buggy1 buggy 2 and buggy 3. I have the pathname set to buggy
    Pathstart set to 0
    I have the steps set to 3
    Grunt and Humvee are both in the same GroupID
    This is very confusing

Also, I noticed that if I made the groupID of both humvee and grunt something other that 150, they do not respond whatsoever to the proximity trigger, the grunt will rather just stand there. So lets say I take the groupID and set it to 100. It wont work. If I set it to 150 and all the other AI to another number the grunt will run up, get into vehicle and just sit there.

Edit: Nevermind that last part, I fixxed the problem with the groupID. What I was doing was highlighting both the humvee and the grunt at the same time, then just editing the GroupID from there. Unfortunatly, it only edited the humvee's groupID and left the grunts
    -Ninja

[This message was edited by Reborn-Ninja on Mon May 24 2004 at 08:31 PM.]

WOOHOO!
    Well, since I cant re-edit my last message for another..30 minutes or so.
    Just wanted to let you guys know, I figured out how to work it
    THe problem was I wasnt using a tagpoint, I was using an (AI)POINT! I didnt even know there was a difference!

Thanks for the help guys Sorry for the trouble!