Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Anti-Popup Software | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    NoAds was my fave popup stopper. It keeps a master list of "known" problem popups, and lets you add your own on the fly. It's free and works for most major browsers.

I say it was my fave, as I'm now an Opera user. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Terminal">SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0 </font>

<font size="2" face="Terminal">0 rows returned</font></p>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    The google toolbar2 has a pop-up stopper which works awesome. It's in beta right now, but I'be been using it for a couple of weeks now and it has blocked all pop-ups. Best thing is that it's 100% free and contrary to what some poeple may tell you, it's NOT spyware. It's only for IE5.5 and up.

http://toolbar.google.com/install-beta

< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>SIG</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
    <font color="#CCCCCC" size="2">--</font>
    <font color="#CCCCCC" size="1">ABIT KR7A-R, Antec case, 400Watt PS, AMD XP1800+, Kingston 512MB PC2100 DDRAM(x1), GF3Ti200, SB PCI512, XP Pro(SP1), DX9</font></body></html

XyZspineZyX
    The Google Toolbar isn't spyware merely because there's a small warning when you activate the advanced features that it's going to send your browsing habits back to Google wherever you surf. Warning = not spyware. It still monitors and reports every site you browse to. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: As posted below, I just want to clarify that I concur that the monitoring parts of the Google Toolbar are inactive if you do not activate the "advanced" services. I was a little vague when I first posted this.

<font size="2" face="Terminal">SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0 </font>

<font size="2" face="Terminal">0 rows returned</font></p>

Message Edited on 07/08/0305:38PM by Dannik

XyZspineZyX
    It does track URL only if you use the "advanced" features of which I have disabled. You still get the form fills, pop-up stopper, etc., without advanced features which is all I care for.

< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>SIG</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
    <font color="#CCCCCC" size="2">--</font>
    <font color="#CCCCCC" size="1">ABIT KR7A-R, Antec case, 400Watt PS, AMD XP1800+, Kingston 512MB PC2100 DDRAM(x1), GF3Ti200, SB PCI512, XP Pro(SP1), DX9</font></body></html

XyZspineZyX
    Hey, I use Panicware's Pop-up Stopper Free Edition. It's really good. I'm dependent on it. Panicware.com

Pentium 4 @ 1.8 gigahertz
    512MB RAM
    Sound Blaster Live
    GeForce 2 MX440 64MB DDR(It's better than you think)
    Windows XP Home Edition
    DirectX 8.1 (9.0 is yucky for XP)

I shot the sheriff....

XyZspineZyX
    o220o wrote:
    - hey Pope, or anyone with knowledge of Opera7...i'm
    - having a bit of trouble..the browser is great, but
    - for some reason i won't display any flash
    - movies...all i get is a white square where the movie
    - is supposed to be? help me!

I'm still using Opera 6.05, so I'm not sure of specific issues with 7.0. I know that 6.05 lacks some of the newer features that IE and Netscape display, and when I happen upon a page that doesn't display correctly in Opera I just pop the URL into IE.

UbiSoft/RSE Forum Moderator
    ICQ [15950501]
    pope@theheap.net

XyZspineZyX
    I do like the Google bar, especially the blog button. But here at work IE most of the times takes 2 seconds to load 'cause the bar. That delay it's really annoying especially when you are just about to find some pr0n.

i use the norton internet security pro.
    it cost $100 retail...but free for lil IT grubbies like me

Peace through strength, Respect Though Fear, And Kill Anyone Using "L33t $p34k"
    Peace through strength, Respect Though Fear, And Kill Anyone Using "L33t $p34k"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12