Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uplay PC Client - October Release | Forums

Uplay PC Client - October Release

Uplay PC - October Update

Fellow PC gamers!

Our next update is here and weve got some more of those quality of life features for you. Including one that was heavily suggested in the feedback from our recent UI update.

In addition were also happy to introduce to you the new Ubisoft Club which youll be able to read more about below and at ubisoftclub.com

So without further ado lets get onto the changes in this release

The Ubisoft Club

Join the Club and level up your game experience. Earn exclusive rewards, gain experience and unlock dozens of badges to be displayed on your profile. The beautiful part you will gain all of this just by playing your games.

For more information visit ubisoftclub.com

Game News

News for some of your favorite games can now be found on their respective game pages in future so that you never miss out on whats happening. First up to share their news with the community will be Limbic Entertainment, and you can find news for Might & Magic Heroes VII on its game page right now.

Import your friends from Steam

Linking your Uplay account to your Steam accounts now means you can import all of your friends from Steam who have done the same.

To do that simply click on the Friends icon in the top right of the client, click Add Friends and in the new window that opens select Import friends from Steam.

The search will automatically start and once it is done you will have a list of friends that you can add in Uplay. Just pick the ones you want via the check boxes to the left and get those friend request sent.

Layout customization on games library

Following the feedback from our last update we have added the ability to resize game tiles in your game library and have the view saved between sessions. A big thanks to those of you who made sure we heard about this so early, including Rohith_Kumar_Sp, PBR_FreeDoo and JezzC and some of the good folks on Reddit who also brought this up.

If you have any additional feedback, feel free to let us know.

Account Linking Status in Settings

You can now clearly see if your Uplay account is linked to your Steam account under the Account Linking section of the setting menu.

Download Speed Graph

For you speed freaks out there weve get an extra addition for you. A new download speed graph, which can be conveniently found at the top of the Downloads section of the client.

That's all for now folks but as a continued reminder. If you have any feedback don't be afraid to let us know.

The Uplay Team

Nice feature update, but UI has turned from bad to worse
    1. if you insist on your new bluish theme at least keep it uniform.
    why those XP/units progress bars look so out of place?
    2. having option to make games tiles smaller is good but the main problem was spacing between them, its big and cant be customised
    3. club page is hidden under your avatar. in the same menu that allows you to change your status. this makes no sense, it deserves its own tab next to news, games and shop
    4. you removed win/club actions artwork from older actions, keeping only new badges images. at the same time badges have hover tooltips that show exact same stuff. should be the other way around - older actions need those tooltips with images while badges dont (those tooltips are just clutter).
    5. you removed what was about the only usefull addition in the last update: earned/total counter for achievements.

Unhappy Uplay Update: No Backup Option

Its nice to see many feature coming to Uplay.

It would be very useful, if you bring Backup option in Uplay, which is useful for those who purchase games online.

Thank you

Hey siddhant11, backing up games? You can do so by copying the files to another location and when it comes to reinstalling the game, click the download button and point the installer to the existing game files. It will then spend some time "Discovering Files" once completed you should be able to play without redownloading.

It works... !!!

Thank you so much for your help.

I used to have the option to set the "Games" section as the default startup. Now it's forcing me to start in the "News" section every time I launch Uplay, which is annoying and a step backwards. I went to Options but couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?

Is it me being stupid or does the Import friends from steam feature not exist ? I only get this:

It just says to type in a user name no option to link with steam whatsoever.

/e Thanks Kay it works now.... But i have to say i a bit stupid that i had to download a game just to link my account. And the guys that buy your games directly from Uplay have no option to link whatsoever...
    Last edited by Schneeball999; 10-24-2015 at 11:22 AM.

This button will only appear if you have a Steam account already linked. I've checked your account and can see that you do not. Do you login to Uplay automatically? This bypasses the Steam account linking process. You should be given the prompt if you log out of Uplay and then launch your game from Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay View Post
    This button will only appear if you have a Steam account already linked. I've checked your account and can see that you do not. Do you login to Uplay automatically? This bypasses the Steam account linking process. You should be given the prompt if you log out of Uplay and then launch your game from Steam.
    You guys need a better way to inform users this functionality is available. You also should make it an easier process. It's quite annoying to have to logout, go to steam, launch ubisoft game via steam and then login to uplay again and authorise the link. There has to be an easier way to do this.

Guys it's a really great update!

So, just to confirm, Uplay Club is basically the "actions" part from before, with the addition of being able to earn 3 extra badges, and with XP thrown in for good measure? Speaking of which, what does XP do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast