Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1GB RAM. How much and what kind? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    I want to upgrade my PC to 1GB RAM (from 512MB) but are unsure where is the best place to get it and how much it costs. Also, how do you know what sort will work in your system? All I know is it's DDR RAM.

Any help would be appreiciated.
    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I want to upgrade my PC to 1GB RAM (from 512MB) but are unsure where is the best place to get it and how much it costs. Also, how do you know what sort will work in your system? All I know is it's DDR RAM.

Any help would be appreiciated.
    Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
    Come on people! it's not my fault I know nothing about computers! (well maybe a little)

XyZspineZyX
    www.mushkin.com

Try black and if money is an issue go blue. Good quality

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
    BB ATI Radeon 9800XT
    OPS: XP Home
    Soyo KT400 Ultra Platinium
    Mushkin DDR 1.25GB PC 3200
    Western Digital 7200 80 GB HD
    22 Mitsubishi Diamondtron
    SB Audigy 2 Plat

XyZspineZyX
    First of all, what you need to do is find out what RAM you already have. And with that I mean finding out the speed of your current RAM module... You can download a program called "dr. Hardware" at "http://www.dr-hardware.com/" to find that out. It might be a little confusing, but well, it's there Anyway, the reason for this is that if you get a RAM module that runs at a different speed, you'll probably run into a lot of problems like computer crashes and stuff like that. Also make sure that your motherboard supports an extra 512MB of RAM. Some older motherboards don't, so plugging in extra memory will just be pointless. If you have a motherboard manual or something, take a look at the maximum RAM memory supported by your motherboard. Next step is to just go out and buy an extra module, as long as it runs at similar speed as your current one. Plug it into your pc and it should work immediately. Good luck!

XyZspineZyX
    Corsair (I like their Twinx and "LL" series). Mushkin also rocks!

More RAM ONLY helps if you are getting "Stutters" caused by your system paging to hard drive a lot due to lack of memory. It will NOT increase your FPS.

=======================================
    Athlon64 3200+
    Abit KV8-MAX3 motherboard
    256MB Radeon 9800XT
    SuperAlien case w/500W PSU
    1GB Corsair PC2700LL TWINX (2.2.2.5 1T)
    240GB HDD (2X WD 1200JB 8MB cache)
    HiPix HDTV Tuner/Capture card
    Audigy Gamer
    21" HP Pro series
    17" Viewsonic

XyZspineZyX
    ...Corsair XMS all the way. Owange ram and it's not the most expensive either. The Pro series is also amazing although it costs alot more.

I am currently debating on whether to go up to a gig or not... I think before this year is over I'll have a gig [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img] Games are starting to "want" it but not really "need" it.

P4 2.6C HT (@3.0Ghz) | 512Mb Corsair XMS PC3500C2PT | Albatron GF FX5900PV 128Mb 2.2ns | WD800JB 8Mb Cache

XyZspineZyX
    You can get 1GB dual channel Corsair XMS 3200 for just â£170 from overclockers.co.uk [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

"even the boy in the bubble had a deck of cards" [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    ONLY Corsair. If you got the cash get the XMSC2PRO, there is nothing else like it around! It has activity LEDs.[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img] And no matter what you get, buy at newegg.com.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI K8T Neo
    512MB PC3200 DDR400 Corsair XMSC2PRO Memory
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    160GB 7200 RPM HDD, 8MB Cache
    10 80mm LED Case Fans

XyZspineZyX
    Shadow Eagle:

try using the search function of the forum if you can please.

Some of us have already instructed others how to find out what kind of RAM they need because they didn't know how to find out and where to purchase it..

The other threads are a good read...

Hope that helps out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast