Thread: lockon | Forums

I run a 2.6 amd athlon, with 512 memory, and fx5200 128mb graphics card and this lock on flight sim runs very very slow indeed i cant understand why i also run microsoft flight sim 2002 and that runs fine could any one advise please

regards

chris
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I run a 2.6 amd athlon, with 512 memory, and fx5200 128mb graphics card and this lock on flight sim runs very very slow indeed i cant understand why i also run microsoft flight sim 2002 and that runs fine could any one advise please

regards

chris

Start by reading the readme file and all the other posts here.

A FX5200 coupled with just 512MB memory won't cut it. I think you would be better off with anything over a fx5600 and 1gb RAM. However, with your rig as is now, you may get better performance by tweaking your memory setting in the bios and turning down the display settings in LOMAC. See the link belowe for hints on mem tweaking in the bios. http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20010725/index.html

Athlon XP 2600+
    Asus A7N8X deluxe
    512 Mb DDR Ram (Dual Channel)
    XFX Gforce FX5600 ultra
    Maxtor 80GB 7200 RPM 2MB BUFFER
    Lite on cd-rw drive
    Athlon XP 2600+
    Asus A7N8X deluxe
    512 Mb DDR Ram (Dual Channel)
    XFX Gforce FX5600 ultra
    Maxtor 80GB 7200 RPM 2MB BUFFER
    Maxtor 10GB 5400 RPM
    Lite on cd-rw drive
    Windows XP SP1

Banned
    I have a 1600 athlonXp and a FX5200 128 ram 512 133.
    GET RID OF THIS STINKING FX5200, its pure crap!!!!
    I obtained mine for 70 buck. some time ago, but i regret it a lot.
    I would a thousand time have spared some money and bought a ATI 9500pro or 9600pro

Ho but then i would have to change my mobo which is still AGP 4X.... crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sucelus:
    Ho but then i would have to change my mobo which is still AGP 4X.... crap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nono, the cards will still run fine on an AGP 4x mobo . . . they're backwards compatible.

Not sure what kind of performance increase, if any, you'd actually get from having the 8x mobo's . . . . you'd certainly notice a performance increase with one of those cards.

If you can find a 9500 Pro, it might be reasonable - otherwise, the 9600 Pro's are very reasonably priced now, and very good cards . . . go get one.

Essentially, Lomac is a more complicated sim than MSFS2002.

There are a couple of . . erm . . slight inefficiencies, but most of them you can work around.

It's designed to run well on a computer you can buy in a couple of years time . . . gives it more life.

<center> </center>
    <center>

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ | Radeon X800XL | 1024Mb DDR RAM | Saitek X45 | Lomac Hat, Patch, and Pen</center>