Thread: Top 10 Tutorials | Forums

carterclem7's Avatar Member

Top 10 Tutorials

Hi!

I just purchased a new phone and laptop, and after some messing around with the compatibility of the two devices I realized I can record off my phone.
    I'm wondering if there would be any interest in me making some commentated tutorial videos on how to make a top 10 time (iOS) at any given map? Most of my times are in the top 10, and if I'm not ranked in the top 10 at a track that is requested then it would be a good challenge for me to improve my time. I would explain in depth the time saver(s) of whatever track I'm making the tutorial at and just what it takes to make a solid run. I love speed running the game and I think making these videos could be fun, I just would want to know people would watch them.

So anyways if you're interested I'd love to know! And also if there is a specific track/timesaver that gives you difficulty then please tell me that too. Cheers!

EDIT 11-6-15: This idea has been accepted very well by the community, so in turn I've started making these videos. Go check them out!!

Here is a link to my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFO...9sJ74VgpF8e5Hg

Here is my most recent Top 10 Tutorials video (will update with each new upload) :

sanymas's Avatar Senior Member
    I would love to learn if u could upload the videos on YouTube,
    The new 6 hard tracks would be a perfect learning experience for me,they have different forms of jumps.
    How do you keep your bikes so balanced on the tracks?

wow!!! that would be a big project!
    for many times i wanted to make tutorials for players in Chinese community, with videos or texts. but when i thought of the difficulties to make videos with explanation or the inconvenience of text tutorial, i just gave up.
    looking forward to your be-a-top-10-player class

for me, i want to know the trick to make the timesaver on Pipe Basin. (though you are #6 there)

Originally Posted by sanymas Go to original post
    I would love to learn if u could upload the videos on YouTube,
    The new 6 hard tracks would be a perfect learning experience for me,they have different forms of jumps.
    How do you keep your bikes so balanced on the tracks?
    I would be uploading my videos to youtube. Free of charge Can you please suggest one out of the 6 new tier 2 tracks? I'll do whichever one you want the most first.
    To answer your question of how do you keep your bikes so balanced on the tracks, I'm not quite sure how to answer you. It depends what you mean.

Originally Posted by Roger-_-Lee Go to original post
    wow!!! that would be a big project!
    for many times i wanted to make tutorials for players in Chinese community, with videos or texts. but when i thought of the difficulties to make videos with explanation or the inconvenience of text tutorial, i just gave up.
    looking forward to your be-a-top-10-player class

for me, i want to know the trick to make the timesaver on Pipe Basin. (though you are #6 there)
    I would be happy to show the timesavers on pipe basin! They're very tricky, but when you finally get them both in a run it's awesome! That can be my first video, I'll try working on that tonight.

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd check it out. I'm not sure it would help me much versus other newer riders, but I always enjoy watching gameplay vids with commentary, especially if they are involving speedrunning (this game is a speedrun in itself). Should be interesting. If you need anyone to bounce stuff off, hit me up!

Grease transit is the track

pipe basin and grease transit will be the first two that I do. I'll post the links to the videos here as I start out. good to hear some feedback on the idea, thanks guys! please keep the requests coming

Looking forward to your videos.
    May success and lady luck be with you.

dutscher-DE's Avatar Senior Member
    i can give the videos a place on the trackmap
    I'm excited about the videos

cheers

RetiredPansion's Avatar Member
    This is a great Idea

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►