Thread: SC Pandora Tomorrow | Forums

  1. #1

    SC Pandora Tomorrow

    I have all of the SC games on Uplay. Almost all - without Pandora Tomorrow. Why UBI doesn't sell it? Where can i buy it?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    hafitz's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30
    Because the game lighting is broken till this day...I only own the retail copy..i doubt there's a digital version for now..
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Has anybody tried getting the lighting issues fixed with their old copy of SCPT while running it on a newer Nvidia-based machine using dgVoodoo2?

    http://www.dege.freeweb.hu/

    http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/com...odoo-tutorial/
    Share this post

  4. #4
    I'm genuinely curious as well, it is the only game I haven't found a digital copy of out of the whole SC serie.

    I haven't tried with any other game yet but would Uplay add games to its gaming library if we were to use our games' registration cd key and type it into the game activation?
    Share this post

  5. #5
    KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Siberia, Russia
    Posts
    2,212
    Originally Posted by tunnelcat Go to original post
    Has anybody tried getting the lighting issues fixed with their old copy of SCPT while running it on a newer Nvidia-based machine using dgVoodoo2?

    http://www.dege.freeweb.hu/

    http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/com...odoo-tutorial/
    I've tried v2.53 in GeForce4 Ti 4800 emulation mode on my Radeon graphics card. Not only does it fix Pandora Tomorrow shadow issues, but also allows you to play Splinter Cell SAR with superior buffered shadows.

    A couple of shots from SAR which show the difference.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by KenTWOu Go to original post
    I've tried v2.53 in GeForce4 Ti 4800 emulation mode on my Radeon graphics card. Not only does it fix Pandora Tomorrow shadow issues, but also allows you to play Splinter Cell SAR with superior buffered shadows.

    A couple of shots from SAR which show the difference.

    I get drops to 80 frames a second when using that GeForce Ti 4800 emulation or just random drops to 50.
    Do you have any clues why? I only tried Splinter Cell SAR with this fix. Was just testing CIA HQ.
    My game is currently using the fix, I didn't even enable MSAA on the Voodoo program.

    And...I followed this guide for my graphics settings:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=170119402

    The only thing I can think of, is that the max Video Memory allowed is 256 megabytes when emulating the GeForce 4, maybe because I'm playing in 1080p with high settings and it exceeds that VRAM limit?


    PC Specs:
    Intel Core i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB DDR4 2400mhz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

    With ForceShadowMode=1 in the .ini file without the wrapper, I get a constant 200 fps.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Siberia, Russia
    Posts
    2,212
    Originally Posted by Joshhhuaaa-SC Go to original post
    I get drops to 80 frames a second when using that GeForce Ti 4800 emulation or just random drops to 50.
    Do you have any clues why? I only tried Splinter Cell SAR with this fix...
    Well, I tried dgVoodoo on a relatively old hardware with low res monitor using 1280x1024 resolution and vanilla graphics settings. I didn't notice any frame rate drops, but I didn't play the game extensively, didn't count my fps either. I just tried to load some of the savegames I have to look for buffered shadows and lighting effects. I don't know the way dgVoodoo emulation works, so I'm not sure if 256 megabytes limit the game performance or not. May be the rain effect of CIA HQ level hits your performance. Anyway try default graphical settings instead of the settings the guide told you to set. That's all I can say.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Share this post