UQMB Update (Russian/Japanese/Rumanian)
Offline/SP Mission Briefing (Russian) - The Cyrilic Characters display correctly in IL-2 FB. UQMB has a routine to convert all Cyrillic characters in the Unicode syntax format that IL-2 understands... so yes, this briefing displays correctly in FB as of today.
Offline/SP Mission Briefing (Japanese) - This is really only available in UQMB. Since Cyrillic is loaded as Unicode "codes" in IL-2, including the Russian version, I am hoping that Japanese (Hiragana/Katagana/Kanji characters) will also be interpreted in Unicode... so when PF is released, hopefully this will be useful.
Offline/SP Mission Briefing (Rumanian) - Thanks to Von_Zero, Rumanian will be in the initial cut as well, but I am waiting on an update before I release it. (Von_Zero, plz check your e-mail.)
Here are the latest updates.
For those who are not aware, I have written a mission briefer for IL-2 that is an alternative to the one included in the FMB. It is embedded within UQMG but works independently from it, much like UQMM (UberQuick Mission Manager) operates. It includes time saving features for the serious mission builder which can be understood by any user. Most impressive is the fact that UQMB can automatically go into the mission ".mis" file to automatically extract information, saving a lot of time interpreting information and typing.
The summary and mission information can be displayed in several languages, mind you, I don't claim perfection, but I did have help from a lot of people in putting this together. For those translations that are not 100% correct, it is a matter of a quick edit. The following are the languages supported, and who did the translation for them, so thanks in advance (well, not for the ones I did, of course):
* Czech: Dave Z @ SimHQ FB Forum & AH_Cutora @ UbiSoft FB Forum
* Dutch: tankeriv @ SimHQ FB Forum & GerritJ9 @ UbiSoft FB Forum
* English: UberDemon
* Finnish: Jippo @ SimHQ FB Forum, Il2pelaaja @ UbiSoft FB Forum, SwingerSpecial @ UbiSoft FB Forum, AndyHigh @ UbiSoft FB Forum & McTriggerhappy @ UbiSoft FB Forum
* French: SwissNavy @ SimHQ FB Forum & Sturmovik Shots @ SimHQ FB Forum
* German: Sturmovik Shots @ SimHQ FB Forum
* Hungarian: _neuro_ @ SimHQ FB Forum
* Italian: UberDemon
* Japanese: Keeper @ SimHQ FB Forum
* Polish: Leon @ SimHQ FB Forum
* Portuguese: UberDemon
* Rumanian: Von_Zero @ UbiSoft FB Forum
* Russian: Yuri "Llandaff" @ UbiSoft FB Forum, Vassili "il2rookie" @ UbiSoft FB Forum & Tom C via E-mail
* Slovak: jurinko @ SimHQ FB Forum
* Spanish: UberDemon
If the localization briefing file is not found, then the default (English) ".properties" file is loaded. Obviously the French, German, and Russian versions load respectively the "_fr.properties", "_de.properties" and "_ru.properties" files, if those languages are selected.
Additionally, UQMB supports the FB Daemon DF Arena Campaign system.
I will release this as soon as possible.