Thread: Sounds - Music | Forums

Hi,
    I'm just wondering what the sound track will be. Because in the trailer, the music is VERY immersive. Is it representative of the sound track overall quality? I hope that the music will be context sensitive, this add a lot to the experience.
    I also hope that the tracks will be 5.1 digital cause if it is, I'm going to buy a new set of speakers.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,
    I'm just wondering what the sound track will be. Because in the trailer, the music is VERY immersive. Is it representative of the sound track overall quality? I hope that the music will be context sensitive, this add a lot to the experience.
    I also hope that the tracks will be 5.1 digital cause if it is, I'm going to buy a new set of speakers.

i must admit to not liking the music in the video...sounded like the same theme they used for Destroyer Command..very nice but a bit too polished and generic..but i've no doubt they will be putting a lot of effort into the sounds and music for the game ....a good set of dynamic sounds are a wonderfull addition to any game...hope they make the sound scape as dynamic as possible...different background tracks for each station in the sub...and so on..maximum attention to detail with the DD sonar screws and depth charge sounds..some dynamic crew chatter noises (im assuming they havent modeled voices for the animated crew; so they'll need to provide some sort of human voice background other wise it will appear like yur animated crew are strangely silent all the time) im betting the sounds will be excellent

I'm hoping the sounds will be excellent; but at this point I'm hedging my bets.

Taxes are never levied for the benefit of the taxed.

if theyre seriuos about the idea that theyre constructing the game with 3rd party modds in mind then all the sound files will be accessible and in a recognisable format mp3/wav etc ..so it'll probably be one of the first things that gets modded....if they use the wav file format then the excellent das boot sound mod made for SH2 will probably slide straight in with some minor alterations to account for naming conventions and other factors...so it'll probably be a first port of call in any enhancment projects that happen..hope they (UBI)really go to town on the randomisation of sound files...so folks can really build on and expand on the sound scape

this is where the inclusion of a "radio" in the game would prove to be a huge bonus if this radio has accessible sound files for the music/broadcasts...and they decide to include a playlist of music with the game....(like the aotd radio/record player) then as these sound files play at the same time as the normal in game effects/voices etc...you could replace one of the selectable music files with the entire soundtrack from DAS BOOT....and i mean the sound channel vocal track from the film/series not the music..!

some very seemingly gimmicky features of a moddable game can be put to great use as true realism enhancments if they're left open to adaptation..mind yu they need to be open source about it..theyre are far fewer modder for subsims than say flightsims...so we dont have so many real code experts (i certainly am not really a "coder" tho i do have a bash at it in a small capacity)

but yu see what im getting at!!

[This message was edited by CB.. on Thu May 20 2004 at 11:19 AM.]

you should be able to import your own sound files to play on the "record player". XBOX games support this now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"Nietzsche is boring and stupid." - Leo Tolstoy

yes, its me with another moan.

I really didn't like the music in the trailer at all, Didn't find it immersive or anything else - just annoying Hollywood blockbuster type shapeless nonsense.

You could have stuck it onto a thousand other trailers for games in other genres and it would be just as at home....

Moan, moan, moan, gripe, gripe gripe - even beer doesn't help!

I was told that even every type of airplane has its own typical sound

Drebbel

The Submarines of the Royal Netherlands Navy 1906 - 2004
    http://www.DutchSubmarines.com/
    We have a NEW FORUM:
    http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/phpbb2/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.DutchFleet.net