Thread: Session No Longer Available Information | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Let's gather all our experiences together on the 'Session no longer available' message and try and figure out what is causing it. I was just able to get into games - my brother had created a profile (so we have 2 profiles now) and then I was able to get on. Probably a coincidence.

Session no longer available situations
    - When trying to 'quick match' join servers
    - When trying to use the browser to join servers
    - In the middle of a game
    - In a game server's lobby

Now what is really interesting is I just got out of a ame where I was playing merc. We started with 2v2. When the game actually started it was only me and the host(a spy). So we started playing and I was doing well. He had defused a total of one by mid-game. Anyway, then suddenly it showed the 'Session no longer available' screen and I was back at the MP screen. Here's where it gets weird. I went to quick match again and choose the first one - I didn't look at the name. I got in just as the game ended. I didn't see who won cause I started at the scores screen. There were 2 names. The host of the game I had been disconnected from, and MINE! AND, it said I had killed 1 person, which I had before being disconnected. So, apparently, my data was saved or it thought I was in-game. But I don't know how th game ended so fast - he couldn't have decontaminated 2 vials in the time I was re-joining.

Anyway, I thought that scenario might help narrow down the problem. Anyone else got any different situations?

www.BobAndGeorge.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Let's gather all our experiences together on the 'Session no longer available' message and try and figure out what is causing it. I was just able to get into games - my brother had created a profile (so we have 2 profiles now) and then I was able to get on. Probably a coincidence.

Session no longer available situations
    - When trying to 'quick match' join servers
    - When trying to use the browser to join servers
    - In the middle of a game
    - In a game server's lobby

Now what is really interesting is I just got out of a ame where I was playing merc. We started with 2v2. When the game actually started it was only me and the host(a spy). So we started playing and I was doing well. He had defused a total of one by mid-game. Anyway, then suddenly it showed the 'Session no longer available' screen and I was back at the MP screen. Here's where it gets weird. I went to quick match again and choose the first one - I didn't look at the name. I got in just as the game ended. I didn't see who won cause I started at the scores screen. There were 2 names. The host of the game I had been disconnected from, and MINE! AND, it said I had killed 1 person, which I had before being disconnected. So, apparently, my data was saved or it thought I was in-game. But I don't know how th game ended so fast - he couldn't have decontaminated 2 vials in the time I was re-joining.

Anyway, I thought that scenario might help narrow down the problem. Anyone else got any different situations?

www.BobAndGeorge.com

Do you have Teamspeak enabled?
    Maybe this could be a problem because I had it enabled and I hat the same message
    Then I turned Teamspeak off and everything worked fine

I've tried a lot of different combinations for starting and joining servers and this is what Ive found. BTW...I am not behind a router/firewall and this is specific to the demo v1.01 (the full game has its own server issues.)

When creating a game in lobby one it instantly fills with players with out any trouble. This is only a problem when you have a buddy joining you because he/she will often not get into the room in time.

In the other demo rooms my buddy will make it my room if he looks for it immediately after i make it, otherwise the server disappears and I sit in my lobby alone. In that fashion even if he gets in, if we don't get apponents in there right away, then no one shows up. Ive had other buddies try to find the server while we are in the lobby and they have had no luck. I am less certain about its status while the game is running, but Ive rarely ended a game to find people have joined, if at all.

Regardless of which demo lounge about 1/3 of the time my server will not show up at all on the list.

Anyway, this is what Ive noticed so far and I will keep trying different things to try to isolate the problems.