Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Important Note About Private Topics | Forums

Please be aware that Private Topics are not to be used to contact a moderator for technical support or game hints. We do not have time to respond to these requests, nor are we in the business of running priority support (unless you want to pay us...). If you have a technical issue or are stuck in one of the games, please post it in the appropriate game forum. The Hangout is not for tech support or hint requests. Private Topics relating to technical issues, hint requests, or asking us to look at a thread related to these for the purposes of solving your problem will be ignored.

Thank you.

----------
    Alahmnat
    Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET
    Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Please be aware that Private Topics are not to be used to contact a moderator for technical support or game hints. We do not have time to respond to these requests, nor are we in the business of running priority support (unless you want to pay us...). If you have a technical issue or are stuck in one of the games, please post it in the appropriate game forum. The Hangout is not for tech support or hint requests. Private Topics relating to technical issues, hint requests, or asking us to look at a thread related to these for the purposes of solving your problem will be ignored.

Thank you.

----------
    Alahmnat
    Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET
    ----------
    Guild of Archivists,
    D'niPedia Writers Ring (DPWR.NET)
    Do not PM me for tech support or hint requests for the Myst series

Besides, this mod is a technical klutz and is likely to do more harm than good.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Stop laughing, this is serious.

Stop laughing, this is serious
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Actual join date: December 27, 2001. *mutter mutter Stupid forum glitch*

How do you delete a privat topic? I read somewhere about it but I am not sure where. And as this is the Private topic thread I thought this would be a good spot to ask

To the world you may be but one person but to one you may be the world.

I am going to keep some smilies here
    Is currently out of meaningful insights!

Open the private topic and go to the Tools pulldown. There should be a delete option there.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Stop laughing, this is serious.

Stop laughing, this is serious
    Actual join date: December 27, 2001. *mutter mutter Stupid forum glitch*

You should also be aware that private topics aren't private at all. I made a test one and didn't send it to anyone and yet in a few hours it had five hits from people reading it.
    I have been doing some investigating over the past couple of days and it seems that there are a couple of mods who are grossly abusing their privaliges as well as abusing the people who use the boards. The MM incindent was just the tip of the iceburg of the rotteness that has pervaded these boards. Some people have had their computers hacked into and again it looks like a mod is behind it. The hacking has got MSN involved and MSN has got the FBI involved. Soon as I get all my info straightened out I'm turning it over to the FBI. DO NOT TRUST UBI or ANY OF THE URU MODS.

DO NOT ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS FURTHER FOR I WILL NOT ANSWER. THE ONLY REASON I'M TELLING YOU NOW IS BECAUSE YOU'RE MY FRIENDS AND I WANT YOU TO PROTECT YOURSELVES. i WILL SAY NO MORE ABOUT ON HERE.

Men rise from one ambition to another; first they seek to secure themselves from attack, and then they attack others.
    Machiavelli

I just noticed something in a PT Joyous left me and I had replied to. There are 5 replies, Joyous, me, and so on to my last reply. But there are 16 Viewings. My last reply puts the total of replies to 6, so whose the person with the other 10? What IS going on here anyway? Something that shouldn't?

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.
    Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.

Homer, someone here has shared this with me: they've been involved in a PT converesation with someone, and like you about six messages have been sent back and forth. The number of views though is over 30 and still climbing.
    Also, people who use Netscape can use a programming glitch to log into these boards as anyone, even if that person is already logged on. This also gives them access to your personal information. Ubi is aware of this but apparently feels that it isn't important for us to know that our personal info is not secure.

Those who know me know I joke around a lot about conspiracies, but all of this is no joke. The more I speak up about this the more people come to me and tell me their stories about what goes on these boards. I think we all owe MM for being a martyr. All of this stuff is coming to light because of the unproven accusations made against her.

Men rise from one ambition to another; first they seek to secure themselves from attack, and then they attack others.
    Machiavelli

I have also noticed the large amounts of views on PERSONAL topics. George Orwell comes to mind.

Just FYI The big-wigs have been contacted regarding these issues and are currently looking into it.

To the world you may be but one person but to one you may be the world.

Is currently out of meaningful insights!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast