Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna be a shocker! | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    I'd just to say that this game really has not (for some reason) captured as much UK publicity as I would expect.

Earlier today while sitting on the train reading my PC gamer I noticed that under the column "10 MOST WANTED GAMES" Farcry is not even listed! Games in the list are even in development till Q4 2004! I cannot believe those gamers do not have other top titles on there wish list before Q4 next year!
    I guess this speaks more for the UK PC gamers only as this list reflects them , not internationals. Whats the views from around the world? does it seem similar?

When Farcry finally emerges from beneath its "Development Stone" it is going to surprise alot of game players! But does this lack of information to the gaming community damage Farcrys chances of an initial kick start? Personally I do not think so.

The amount of times I have spoken to serious FPS gamers and said "Farcry is gonna be a shocker", they say " u what ? whats that then?", amazing.
    Also, when reading some generic articles about future gaming, its alway DOOM3 this and Halflife2 that, never Farcry.
    In someways this is cool, I think it will be a nice surprise for the un-informed gaming community the day this little beauty sprouts its wings and "cries"! (excuse the pun!)

Right, thats it I am stopping before I go into one!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I'd just to say that this game really has not (for some reason) captured as much UK publicity as I would expect.

Earlier today while sitting on the train reading my PC gamer I noticed that under the column "10 MOST WANTED GAMES" Farcry is not even listed! Games in the list are even in development till Q4 2004! I cannot believe those gamers do not have other top titles on there wish list before Q4 next year!
    I guess this speaks more for the UK PC gamers only as this list reflects them , not internationals. Whats the views from around the world? does it seem similar?

When Farcry finally emerges from beneath its "Development Stone" it is going to surprise alot of game players! But does this lack of information to the gaming community damage Farcrys chances of an initial kick start? Personally I do not think so.

The amount of times I have spoken to serious FPS gamers and said "Farcry is gonna be a shocker", they say " u what ? whats that then?", amazing.
    Also, when reading some generic articles about future gaming, its alway DOOM3 this and Halflife2 that, never Farcry.
    In someways this is cool, I think it will be a nice surprise for the un-informed gaming community the day this little beauty sprouts its wings and "cries"! (excuse the pun!)

Right, thats it I am stopping before I go into one!

XyZspineZyX
    You're absolutely right!

Nobody even knows the game here, and I'm surrounded by gamers! Everybody knows half-life, doom and others, but nobody knows Far Cry.

That's probably because Ubi is aiming for a surprise hit that will make every other game look like s**t.

But still, everybody even knew about SplinterCell, and that game was kind of a suprise too I belief.

I'm in the Netherlands btw. I once saw an article in PC Gameplay about Far Cry and here I am. Nobody else seemed to have noticed, or just didn't care. Like only special people could see it. I know only one person that knew of it too.

There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take a shot at you, and miss.

XyZspineZyX
    yeh the same hapent in my class ad collegein holland i have a multi media studdie and 95%of them are harcore gamers well than i heard them talking about HL2 and D3 and stalker

and than i said what about Far cry and they say WHAT THE FRICK IS THAT a game where you need to see how far you can trow baby's then i laught realy hard and said to them oke if you just take a look ad some site's so i showed them some pic's and they all went LIKE WHAT THE HELL where can i get this is it already out ''SHIAT MAN I NEED TO HAVE THAT''

they all want FC just cause i showed some pictures. i always carry my PCzone whit me whit the big artical about Far cry than when some one doesnt know i show them the artical they al go I NEED TO HAVE THAT ONE.

just tell people trust me they all love it.

if they dont like it well than you need to get a big sledge hammer and smashe there head realy hard to check if they have any brains.

keep it real for now

go to the Operation Archangel web site

http://home.publishnet.nl/~pvermaas/oa/

XyZspineZyX
    And this is why you see delays. They want more people to know about it.

XyZspineZyX
    realy good point there and than they say well the game whase so good and we want to make it even better that we need more time to put in some extra's but than the extra's where already planed

keep it real for now

XyZspineZyX
    mushter im right with ya mate,

Scotland born and bred here and i don't know a single person on or offline that knows of Far Cry and its potential, in truth i believe HL2 has stolen the publicity thunder for the UKer's and that in itself is a sin bcuz i have strong belief that Far Cry is gunna be a dream come true for modders, i am a modder myself but with FPS u do get limited as i am a DJ in profession and dont have hours and hours to edit scripts and source code, however the "What you see is what you play" idea just blows me away, i think mod-wise we are gunna see things that have never even been attempted in a game before as a result of the power and ease-of-use this editor is advertising and of course as a result of the crytek engine itself and the outstanding unscripted AI. As a modder i have never really took a real interested into the actual engine the game uses, ive just edited, exploited and customized it but .... the CryEngine staggers me, i had thought with once media for HL2 was released that it may dampen my love for FarCry but its done the exact opposite, the only thing in HL2 that impresses me is the physics....as for Far Cry i have since shown ppl my copy of the original 32MB CryEngine Demo featured at E3 and i am yet to find sum1 that is not blown away!!!

Hats off to an well worthy thread and point of discussion, makes a change to sum of the mindless drivel and pointless questions u get asked around these parts!

Obi

XyZspineZyX
    Here In america noone i know has heard of it. It's Living in the shadow of halflife 2 & doom 3's hype. I Predict, that Unless they launch into a huge ad campaign..that This game will be a "Sleeper hit". depending on word of mouth for sells.

If i enjoy it (and I believe i will, if it has all the promissed features) I'll deffenatly tell all my friends about it.

XyZspineZyX
    well GUYS we need to orgize a group of people who is going to do mouth to mouth we need to get T-shirts to walk whit on school so UBI/Crytek come on Give us T-Shirts whit good Print's and not only the name and the company THE PICTURES

make T-shirts that Show the POWER OF THA FAR END

FAR CRYing OUT LOUD GIVE US COMMERSIAL STUFF!!!!

keep it real for now

XyZspineZyX
    I know exactly what you mean, I was in GAME the other day and asked about what they thought of Far Cry and they say "never heard of it".

This game is going to whip the pants off Half Life 2, and personally I don't think Doom III looks that good any way.
    It looks like a game taken from Aliens the film.

I think that when this game is released it will be massive, but when they start on Far Cry 2 it will be just as popular as Half Life 2 and Doom III.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast