Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would Hell be (funny or serious, either one)? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Ok, if you'll read my little story about my arachnid experience today, you'll see that, for me, Hell would involve spiders.

So, I was wondering, what do you think Hell would be like? This is open for lively dialogue - can be serious or humorous. Just, please, do not come in here all heavy-handed and say "only ignorant people would believe in Hell." This isn't theology, it's just a forum!

I did read a science fiction trilogy by Christopher Stasheff, in which one guy found himself in Hell temporarily, and it was chilling. He was totally alone. Even the Devil made only a brief appearance, then he was alone. Forever.

But, of course, being the main character and hero of the book, he didn't stay there [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

So, for me - being totally alone. With spiders. In the dark.

Brrrrrr.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Ok, if you'll read my little story about my arachnid experience today, you'll see that, for me, Hell would involve spiders.

So, I was wondering, what do you think Hell would be like? This is open for lively dialogue - can be serious or humorous. Just, please, do not come in here all heavy-handed and say "only ignorant people would believe in Hell." This isn't theology, it's just a forum!

I did read a science fiction trilogy by Christopher Stasheff, in which one guy found himself in Hell temporarily, and it was chilling. He was totally alone. Even the Devil made only a brief appearance, then he was alone. Forever.

But, of course, being the main character and hero of the book, he didn't stay there [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

So, for me - being totally alone. With spiders. In the dark.

Brrrrrr.

XyZspineZyX
    Uh, being a spider, in the dark, and being totally alone with you?? [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] JK

Leep Out:

XyZspineZyX
    Well, first, only ignorant people believe in hell... [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif[/img]

A stand-up comedian (maybe Jerry Seinfeld), contemplating the Christian version of a fiery abyss, asked, "Wouldn't you eventually get used to the heat? Sure it's hot, but I think eventually you'd get used to it."

Hell for me hell would probably be an eyelash stuck between my eye and eyelid when I'm trying to sleep, but then again one might eventually get used to that... [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

I wonder how many posts we'll get through before someone says "...no GR!" [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    LOL, Leep!! Yeah, I guess that might be, too!

I'll have to come up with some other answers later, but they actually expect me to work some here, for the paycheck they graciously give me [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    Batts, isn't there a town called Hell somewhere in the States? Go there and see what it's like.

<font size=-2><font color=grey>
    O, mijn God! Er zit een bijl in mijn hoofd.
    </font size></font color>

XyZspineZyX
    Hell: LOL a 28K dial up modem hooked to aol for eternity.

Kuebaldy! All dressed up and no where to go.[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    For a good description of hell, take the second test on this thread. Of course, this description is also in Dante's inferno.

Oh, and both the simpsons and futurama have made fun of this description.

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/messa...ld_ot&id=zxtaq

FATUM IUSTUM STULTORUM

XyZspineZyX
    I remember doing that test a while ago. Got kicked to the sixth or seventh level. A long way down.

<font size=-2><font color=grey>
    O, mijn God! Er zit een bijl in mijn hoofd.
    </font size></font color>

XyZspineZyX
    Yeah, it only sentenced me to purgatory, though.

FATUM IUSTUM STULTORUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast