Thread: Please help need mobo & cpu | Forums

Here is what i have to pick from wich one is best {intel p4 2.8E & Asus mobo p4p 800 delux 1mb cash} or {AMD 3200+ and Asus A7N8X-E mobo} these are my choises for now any insite would be great help to me thanks

Here is what i have to pick from wich one is best {intel p4 2.8E & Asus mobo p4p 800 delux 1mb cash} or {AMD 3200+ and Asus A7N8X-E mobo} these are my choises for now any insite would be great help to me thanks

where are you and what is your budget?

I have an ASUS P4P 800-vm board, it is based on the i865 chipset (am building my own pc) and am putting the 3.0 version of the same chip (1meg cache) in it. I was given the board for nothing which allows me to spend more on the other components (Gfx, sound etc) Be aware that the p4p800 is not a good chipset for overclocking (due to being based on the 865 chipset - or so I am told....YMMV) If you are on a budget as I am then this is fine - if not, and/or you want to overclock then you are perhaps better off with an 875 based board like the Asus P4C800....

Sorry, can't help with the amd stuff......

S!

Andrew

AMD and Asus work for me

You could get a decent nForce based board (Abit or Asus) and couple it with an AMD Mobile 2500+.

With very little research, or a few questions here ;, you'll end up clocking it as a 3200+ and have some $$ to spend on graphics/RAM.

The bigger the Cache the better.

But CPU speed is also important

I would look at a abit IC7g..............
    Im sure asus is fine.
    I like p4....... Chevy or Ford ?

Bad-MF(Mongrel Fighter) AKA .......Dawg-of-death

P4 will eat the XP no problem, far superior memory bandwith too.

I have an XP3200 rig for the wife, and a P4-3.0 for me, the P4 is the better one no question.

Just make sure its the mainboard with either springdale (i865) or canterwood (i875) chipsets.

If you go P4 do northwood and 875

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bartflaster1:
    P4 will eat the XP no problem, far superior memory bandwith too.

I have an XP3200 rig for the wife, and a P4-3.0 for me, the P4 is the better one no question.

Just make sure its the mainboard with either springdale (i865) or canterwood (i875) chipsets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad-MF(Mongrel Fighter) AKA .......Dawg-of-death

thanks everyone you guys are the best thanks again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B16Enk:

The bigger the Cache the better.

But CPU speed is also important <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought so...Oh goody I am waiting on the postman delivering my p4 3.0e

Should be ok on both counts...

@bm357-DrGlow

no problem m8, glad to have been of assistance

S!

Andrew