Thread: Keyboard navigation is still bad in this Chessmaster Ed. | Forums

I love chessmaster. But it has a few annoying things I really dont like. First, you cant replay through a game (pgn or chessmaster format) using the arrow keys of your keyboard like in Fritz 8. This is bad because if you want to study the game you just played and want to use your keyboard to see the moves...you cant!! Secondly, when you have chessmaster do a full analysis of that game it doesnt take you to a window where you can save the comments the chessmaster recomended. You cant print them either. Basically, if you run a 20 minute analysis of a game you cant do nothing with it in the future. Chessmaster does not open chessbase databases. This is sad because it would enrich the chess community. Lastly, there are very few things you can actually do with the databases in chessmaster. The database section of the program should be more flexible, and the screen where you play the database games should be bigger.
    ahh! yes, I almost forget!
    There are no databases you can buy or download for further instruction purposes. Chess is a game so rich in openings, strategy, tactics...yet there is very little you can do besides taking the basic lessons that come with the program. Add-ons would be welcome by many guys who are seeking more advanced instruction in the US.

Thanks.
    Jorgevan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I love chessmaster. But it has a few annoying things I really dont like. First, you cant replay through a game (pgn or chessmaster format) using the arrow keys of your keyboard like in Fritz 8. This is bad because if you want to study the game you just played and want to use your keyboard to see the moves...you cant!! Secondly, when you have chessmaster do a full analysis of that game it doesnt take you to a window where you can save the comments the chessmaster recomended. You cant print them either. Basically, if you run a 20 minute analysis of a game you cant do nothing with it in the future. Chessmaster does not open chessbase databases. This is sad because it would enrich the chess community. Lastly, there are very few things you can actually do with the databases in chessmaster. The database section of the program should be more flexible, and the screen where you play the database games should be bigger.
    ahh! yes, I almost forget!
    There are no databases you can buy or download for further instruction purposes. Chess is a game so rich in openings, strategy, tactics...yet there is very little you can do besides taking the basic lessons that come with the program. Add-ons would be welcome by many guys who are seeking more advanced instruction in the US.

Thanks.
    Jorgevan

Chessbase uses their own proprietary format for storing games. They haven't released the specifications, so I don't think you should expect other chess programs to be able to handle it. You should complain to the people at Chessbase about that. Just get chessbase light and export it to pgn as a workaround.