Thread: Heavy Machine gun/minigun and flora | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    I do not know if this was discussed before (to lazy to check), but I think it would be very cool to finally see in a game the true effect of heavy machine gun fire on vegetation.

When you fire the minigun or the Humvee mounted machine gun into the rainforest, the trees stubbornly refuse to take any damage.

Instead, they should be mowed down in a spary of debris. Especially the smaller trees/plants.

Now, THAT would be a way to flush out the hiding mercenaries... (shame about the insane polygon/particle count that is required to truly accomplish this)

V.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I do not know if this was discussed before (to lazy to check), but I think it would be very cool to finally see in a game the true effect of heavy machine gun fire on vegetation.

When you fire the minigun or the Humvee mounted machine gun into the rainforest, the trees stubbornly refuse to take any damage.

Instead, they should be mowed down in a spary of debris. Especially the smaller trees/plants.

Now, THAT would be a way to flush out the hiding mercenaries... (shame about the insane polygon/particle count that is required to truly accomplish this)

V.

XyZspineZyX
    Probably won't happen in this game but games to come with DirectX Next will employ dynamic geometry/topology modification.

"...you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun." - Fiona Apple