Thread: Any stop gap fix for sound problems? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I've been reading various forums and it seems that the sound problems introduced with the latest patch pretty much run the full spectrum in terms of manufacturers. I thought at first maybe the problem was limited to just SB Live owners like myself but it seems it doesn't matter.

At this point it seems that the techheads at Ubi are fully aware of the problems (seems they were aware of them during each beta version release up to and including the 1.1b). Would it be possible for anyone (either from Ubi or another techie) to offer up a temporary fix so that we can enjoy all the benefits of the patch but use some type of sound config that was available for the original version of FB? I didn't have any sound issues with the originally released version of FB. Thanks.

stubby
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I've been reading various forums and it seems that the sound problems introduced with the latest patch pretty much run the full spectrum in terms of manufacturers. I thought at first maybe the problem was limited to just SB Live owners like myself but it seems it doesn't matter.

At this point it seems that the techheads at Ubi are fully aware of the problems (seems they were aware of them during each beta version release up to and including the 1.1b). Would it be possible for anyone (either from Ubi or another techie) to offer up a temporary fix so that we can enjoy all the benefits of the patch but use some type of sound config that was available for the original version of FB? I didn't have any sound issues with the originally released version of FB. Thanks.

stubby

XyZspineZyX
    hello Stubby, i noticed after running FB after the patch, that when firing the guns of any A/C sound would just simply cut out except for the guns firing, then i remembered that i had set the playback channels in the sound options to 8, so i went back into the sound options and set it back up to 16 and everything works fine now. i have the SB audigy2 and i thought, man this just cant be, but after setting the playback channel back up to 16 it seemed to fix the sound issues on my end.

XyZspineZyX
    I have SB Live Value and I've reverted to 'No Sound Acceleration' - the sound issues I was experiencing have gone away after that.

Sadly this means I'm not hearing the really complex sounds but it'll have to do until they sort these issues out.