Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games you want to buy this year | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way offending, degrading, or otherwise pissing on the face of the creators of Far Cry. This is only to find the games that people are most looking foward to this year. Once again, go Far Cry

RULES
    1)The game must be a game THAT IS NOT OUT YET!
    2)When you tell the name of a game, also give an approx release date (OFFICIAL RELEASE DATES! NOT EBGAMES.COM RELEASE DATES!), a breif summary of why YOU like it, and (if you can) give a link to the official website AND a trailer of the game.
    3)THE FOLOWING GAMES ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS THREAD: Doom3 and HL2. The reasoning for this is if you don't already know about these games, you shouldn't be allowed in this thread.

Ok, so, I will go first...

Joint Operations-Early Summer
    Why I like it:It's made by the same people who made the Delta Force games so they already know what they're doing. I always loved the concept of BF Games but they never really got it right for me. It didn't feel like I was really in an epic battle against the opposing team. I think this game will change all that. It's MODERN warfare which means MODERN weapons. Supposedly, 100 players can play online at the same time! But that's not the best part (for me at least). The levels and graphics look absolutly amazing. There is so much dense foliage to hide behind, ultra-realistic weather effects, and just plain good graphics. I think this will be a very immersive game, a must-have for any MP fan.
    More Info/Trailer-www.joint-operations.com/www.joint-operations.com (click on the link that says "media")
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way offending, degrading, or otherwise pissing on the face of the creators of Far Cry. This is only to find the games that people are most looking foward to this year. Once again, go Far Cry

RULES
    1)The game must be a game THAT IS NOT OUT YET!
    2)When you tell the name of a game, also give an approx release date (OFFICIAL RELEASE DATES! NOT EBGAMES.COM RELEASE DATES!), a breif summary of why YOU like it, and (if you can) give a link to the official website AND a trailer of the game.
    3)THE FOLOWING GAMES ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS THREAD: Doom3 and HL2. The reasoning for this is if you don't already know about these games, you shouldn't be allowed in this thread.

Ok, so, I will go first...

Joint Operations-Early Summer
    Why I like it:It's made by the same people who made the Delta Force games so they already know what they're doing. I always loved the concept of BF Games but they never really got it right for me. It didn't feel like I was really in an epic battle against the opposing team. I think this game will change all that. It's MODERN warfare which means MODERN weapons. Supposedly, 100 players can play online at the same time! But that's not the best part (for me at least). The levels and graphics look absolutly amazing. There is so much dense foliage to hide behind, ultra-realistic weather effects, and just plain good graphics. I think this will be a very immersive game, a must-have for any MP fan.
    More Info/Trailer-www.joint-operations.com/www.joint-operations.com (click on the link that says "media")

Star Wars: Republic Commando-Fall 2004 (Probably November)
    Why I like it:I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but this game looks too good to pass up. I mean, the ENTIRE game already has a huge story behind it with the Star Wars license. What's really cool is the squad based gameplay. Similar to RS3 or GR, you controll your teamates. What seperates it from those games are the intense action and excitment. It seems like 80% of the time you'll be shooting something. Also, the HUD is really cool. It looks like your looking through a helmet, very immersive!
    More Info/Trailer-http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando//http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/-Click on the "trailer" link

Sid Meier's Pirates!-- October 2004
    It's a strategy/rpg from Sid Meier. That's why I want it.

Deus Ex 3-- TBA
    I liked the other two games.

Max Payne 3-- TBA
    I liked the other two games. MP3 might not even be made.

Duke Nukem Forever-- TBA (probably 2005)
    Duke kicks ***.

F.E.A.R.-- 2005
    Looks cool and is from the makers of No One Lives Forever.

Mafia 2-- late 2005
    I liked the first one.

Brothers in Arms-- Q4 2004
    WWII game with realistic combat and is based on a true story.

Dungeon Siege II-- November 2004
    Looks great and will hopefully solve some issues with the first.

Vampire Bloodlines-- November 2004
    FPS/RPG like Deus Ex, and uses HL2's Source Engine. Can't go wrong with that.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3--Q4 2004
    RCT in 3D, first person coaster rides. Sweet.

Rome: Total War-- Fall 2004
    Five trillion people on a battlefield at once. How can that NOT be good?

Guild Wars-- September 2004
    MMORPG from ex-Blizzard employees that made Diablo, has great graphics, and no monthly fee. They need to work overtime too screw this one up.

^BTW, about Joint Ops, 120 players can play online at the same time. I downloaded the demo and played in a server with 115+ people in it!

Battlefield 2. Nuff said. Well, not really It'll be released next spring (or this coming spring, whatever). It's gonna of course have all the greatness of the original battlefield (the second most popular online game) plus much much more.
    For one, the thing i like, your character is permanent. When you start, you pick a faction (America, China, or the fictional Middle East Coalition). Then you fill in info on yourself so that ppl recruiting for clans will find it easier to find ppl like them. Then you fill in info about what kind of games you like, game modes, etc, and it puts a button on your desktop to auto join a game within your parameters.

Then you start playing It keeps the traditional battlefield fun, but pumps it up on some roids. The graphics are AWESOME. The buildings and stuff are all completely destructable. Right down to bullet pock holes. The physics are gonna rock (they even went so far as to get into how the suspension on the cars work so that cars rock just right when hit by bullets ). There will be all kinds of awesome things, such as descent cables from helis that ten ppl can hang from (and shoot from, the ultimate anti-tank weapon) defibrilators that you can use to revive recently dead comrades (or for the ultimate shame kill on snipers ) etc etc. There is an awesome ranking system too. I too loved the delta force games. I was a GOA in Landwarrior, and was top of the world in TKOTH for a few weeks (i quit playing about then, cuz then there wasnt much more to do). I loved it. However, the rankings were set up so that anyone, playing endless hours (IE, stupid annoying kids) could get the highest rank. Not here. You can, through mere perseverence, get to sargeant even if you suck. However, getting farther requires skill, balancing kills and deaths, poitns, etc. The higher level gives you acess to more stuff ingame, and to an officers bar online where you get faster downloads, exclusive forums, etc. Also, in every game the top ranking person will have the option of becoming team leader. They have a top down view, and manage the combat, calling in air strikes and artillery, setting waypoints for ppl, etc.

Also, there is smaller, squad based combat. They did everything they could to make ppl use it The deal is, a person can designate themselves squadleader (there'll prolly be a minimum rank, and it prolly is required squad points to advance higher) and then ppl can join their squad. Squads have bonuses, like a voice chat channel of their own, they're all shown on the screen by arrows. There's also bonuses for sticking with your squad. PPL in a vehicle bring a bonus for their class. A medic makes it a roaming hospital with a radius od healing. A heavy infantryman gives it more armour, a light one more speed, etc. You can also gun out the windows and stuff which is nice. This encourages ppl to fully crew vehicles and get into squads.
    Oh, and no more annoying kill steals, or medics getting no love. Medics get points for healing, spotters get points for artillery kills, and i'm pretty sure that if you do the most damage to a person who dies you get the point, or it is split. Etc etc.

It's going to be an all over rocking game. No question at all, its gonna blow away all competition. just like halflife will when it releases, battlefield 2 will sweep up the markets, and there' sno question of a number one seller. It's gonna kick ****.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

this game looks very sweet. the graphics look amazing (realistic characters, amazing scenic detail, realtime weather and weather effects). the gameplay is so open-ended that it makes my want to **** myself with joy! you have free choice to move around 30 square kilometers of land. you can go anywhere and there is only one loading screen. the game will continue to load as you move. if this game shapes up to be what it was advertized to be, this will definitely be g.o.t.y material for 2004 (i think its due around september/october).

-----------------------------
    its true that one can change the world
    a savior to mankind
    but what if while you were busy
    someone was left behind?

RIP Dimebag Darrell

here's my picks

Shellshock: Nam '67
    June/Summer 2004

A Vietnam shooter, but this time, you get to progress from a Marine recruit to a Special Forces Commando. ?Features third-person play, and soldiers continue to play even while dragging wounded limbs!!
    Shellshock Official Site

Men of Valor
    Fall 2004

First-person 'Nam shooter from the creators of MOHAA, first FPS to feature a black protagonist (kinda makes sense since so many black soldiers fought in the war).
    Men of Valor

I'm really looking forward to both of these games because I'm really into the whole Vietnam era, and frankly I'm getting sick of WWII games. This provides a fresh, slightly more modern perspective on war and it's horrors. Plus I like to shoot bad guys....

"Those who have long enjoyed such priveleges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." --Franklin D. Roosevelt
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...that's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a hull and a deck and sails--that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...is freed

Wow!!

So many kick a** games and so little time!

I'm especially looking forward to Joint Ops coming out!

Having had the pleasure of working in Special Ops Aviation for the better (litterally) part of my Army career and having ridden in "Little Birds" on a few occasions (and watching them wreak havoc on many occasions). I have to say that they've really stepped up the graphics on this one! Watching the video was almost like being back in the Task Force! I wasn't really too impressed with Blackhawk Down, but they seem to have nailed it on this one.

Niether of the Nam games look too shabby either!

"Life is a grindstone: whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends on what you're made of".- Jacob Braude
    "Life is a grindstone: whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends on what you're made of".- Jacob Braude

Lol, i doubt goty elemental, even if it shapes up as they say it will. And it looked horrible at e3. I dont know why they even showed that vid. But HL2 or Halo2 will get GOTY. Or maybe Doom3, but it would be a shame. There's nothing special about it cept the grahpics and even those aren't gonna be too good by the time they actually release it. I mean, it hasn't got much more than what halflife 2 will have. Less than BF2 will have, tho that's next year unfortunately . NEway, it will either be Halo2 cuz of all the console noobs or Halflife2 cuz of real gamers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> cuz of all the console noobs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, so true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast