Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick work around for Joystick troubles | Forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhiskeyRomeo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spriggolf:
    I have a question which I want to post, but can't find a place to enter it. Logotech extreme 3d pro or microsoft sidewinder joystick, no mattewr how I configure either, the pitch polarities are reversed.....pull bavk-a/c goes down, push forward-a/c goes up! *** <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thats an unusual problem but you

Thanks for your reply, however I've tried countless combinations of configurations, on the options menus, have had the graph line going both ways, have had the test say problem was corrected, jump into the a/c - none were fixed. Now, if I stay on the program, trying to solve the problem, the program freezes. I've installed both patches, tried 3 different joysticks, cannot find the producer.cfg file.

It's extremely frustrating!

should check the game OPTIONS/INPUT screen.
    Choose your JS on the DEVICE box and then choose AXES instead of button. You'll see the different AXIS options, including PITCH.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rgwebster/LO/deadzone.jpg
    There is an INVERT button on the lower right that should reverse the direction of the Pitch inputs.

Let us know if your Pitch looked like the above curve or if it was the opposite way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for the information, but I have already tried that, with 3 different joysticks. All with "no joy". I have had the graph line going both ways, test saying problem fixed, but jump into any a/c, still no joy.

God, the game looks amazing. I started with Flanker 2.5, had problems, but at least I could fly (and crash).

Help, spriggolf

I forgot to say, I have had the graph line (in both directions), shaped in every possible manner, as well. Now if I stay on the game for to long, the gam freezes.

I also have used Flanker 2.5, and casn't wait till I can use LO.......hopefully!

Thanks for taking the time to try and help, however I've tried all those remedies on 3 different joysticks................"no joy".
    I've had the graph line going both ways, in every shape imaginable, had test say controller was working perfectly (usually with the invert button on), switch to fly, wait 6 seconds, pull back on the stick, down we go!

At this point, I believe it may ba a problem with this particular cd, and am considering spending another $34, to buy another one. If that doesn't work, who knows, I guess I'll start writing letters.

Any other suggestions?!

TRIM

Well, the easiest way to trim the plane while still having FF enabled is to press ALT+J twice. After the first input one will "lose" the plane (it actually will then be or at least behave as an AI-plane) but "get it back" after the second ALT+J input as long as one keeps looking at it (F2, F3 etc.; F1 cockpit view, even if started there, will not work before the second ALT+J since technically with the first ALT+J one made it AI).
    Et voila, it comes with trim (actually the fine trim one remembers from V1.0 and 1.01 !!!) and FF works as well. Do it right at the beginning of a mission and enjoy...
    I found that out when I crashed and took over my wingman by hitting ALT+J. All of a sudden I could trim.
    So far it works with all planes. No changes in some files as described by others (disabling FF for example) are necessary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spriggolf:
    Thanks for taking the time to try and help, however I've tried all those remedies on 3 different joysticks................"no joy".
    I've had the graph line going both ways, in every shape imaginable, had test say controller was working perfectly (usually with the invert button on), switch to fly, wait 6 seconds, pull back on the stick, down we go!

At this point, I believe it may ba a problem with this particular cd, and am considering spending another $34, to buy another one. If that doesn't work, who knows, I guess I'll start writing letters.

Any other suggestions?! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does Lock On perform without ANY joystick attached?
    (make sure no JS software is running the background as well)

The JS uses keyboard commands to fly the plane.
    You can use the keyboard instead of a JS.
    Use the keyboard UP/DOWN arrows.
    Does the UP arrows push the nose UP? or DOWN?

I'm sure its not a "program" type problem and not an issue with your CD. Its possible it might be an issue with your keyboard.

Hi, I'm using a MS FF2.
    In LOMAC when my joystick is centered, it registers it as slightly axis up and to the left, resulting in a slight decline and roll to the left. I tried reconfiguring my joystick, and looked all over in the LOMAC options but i cannot find a way to center the joystick axis in the game itself. Anyone else experience this problem?

I have the CH fighterstick, throttle and pedals.

I'm reinstalling lomac on my new rig, using spidey's profile.

SImple problem, but can't remember how I fixed it in the past.

I pull the trigger: on some AC it fire the designated weapon as i desire, but on the a10 and f-15 it fires the gun no matter what, and i must press enter to fire the designated weapon.

I want to only fire that weapon.

ty

uhoh7

I've got a problem where my MS joystick has the rudder disengage whenever I'm in my weapons modes- but it works in NAV. Anyone have any work arounds for that?
    Ian "Eno" McLeod
    First Platoon
    "Horizon" ERT

How the graphs of the axis settings should normaly and by default look ?? How is triming done?
    :: Squid ::

:: Alexander was Macedonian, Macedonians were GREEKS (*) ::
    :: How reasonable would it be Hungary to claim that should be called Bavaria, and Mexico that their name is

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast