Thread: intresting..... | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

HEllo, this game looks and plays just awesome but heres something that i dont get... I have a Xp3000+, 1024 ram, Radeon 9800pro 128mb and I run the game with medium details except for water (very high) and when i use my flashlight im getting like 20-25 fps only when im close to an enemy though... im just curious as to why this could be so low? with the the latest hardware?and drives etc.

anyway well c ya 'round

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

HEllo, this game looks and plays just awesome but heres something that i dont get... I have a Xp3000+, 1024 ram, Radeon 9800pro 128mb and I run the game with medium details except for water (very high) and when i use my flashlight im getting like 20-25 fps only when im close to an enemy though... im just curious as to why this could be so low? with the the latest hardware?and drives etc.

anyway well c ya 'round

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by metalhead152:

anyway well c ya 'round

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont have an answer, sorry, but i want to know how can you see your FPS in this game, do you type something in the console?

Are you using the flashlight in the caves? Because if you are, then it's normal to get that drop. Well, if you have it on Medium you should be getting well above that, oh well, that was worth a shot.

type: \r_displayinfo 1 to get your FPS as well as a couple of other little dealies displayed.

What these buttons do?
    -----------------------------
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB
    Corsair XMS DDR400 1.5GB
    2X Maxtor 160GB SATA 7200RPM | RAID 0

Now Playing:
    Far Cry
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow MP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msn234:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by metalhead152:

anyway well c ya 'round

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont have an answer, sorry, but i want to know how can you see your FPS in this game, do you type something in the console?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You should download a cool little program called FRAPS. I dont have a link, but do a google search for it, shouldnt be tough to find.

It lets you take screenshots & video clips as well as shows the framerate

ya i am using the flashlight and the enviroment detail and all that jazz are are set on medium... I dont get it, maby its just cause its the demo.. or beta WHATEVER! either way i didnt spent over 2500 (cnd) on my computer for it to be sluggish!!!!

all my stuff is on high, with very high on environment, and i don't notice a thing in the cave with flashlight on.

rig: p4 1.4G, 1G rdram, 9700pro, Windows ME,

catalyst 4.2, directx 9.0 (b?), soundblaster live (i think...it's a cheapy that came with box)

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
    - Rene Descartes
    "De Omnibus Dubitandum"
    - Rene Descartes