Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal for LOMAC to forget button configuration? | Forums

Hi!

I just got LOMAC and I love it. I own Flanker 2.5 and am in tears over the great improvements they did to this greate simulation series.

My problem is, I have a Play Station controller connected to my pc via an usb adapter (all direct input), and LOMAC responds fine with it, but it forgets all the button configurations once I leave the options screen. This controller worked fine with Flanker 2.5 and I can use it with lomac too, but I just can't customize the buttons (it's like my configuration is getting flushed). This and other bugs are gettin on my nerves. I already updated the game, so that's not it.

Maybe I am not seen something, maybe I am dumb, but this is really anoying. Any advice?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi!

I just got LOMAC and I love it. I own Flanker 2.5 and am in tears over the great improvements they did to this greate simulation series.

My problem is, I have a Play Station controller connected to my pc via an usb adapter (all direct input), and LOMAC responds fine with it, but it forgets all the button configurations once I leave the options screen. This controller worked fine with Flanker 2.5 and I can use it with lomac too, but I just can't customize the buttons (it's like my configuration is getting flushed). This and other bugs are gettin on my nerves. I already updated the game, so that's not it.

Maybe I am not seen something, maybe I am dumb, but this is really anoying. Any advice?

When you go into the options screen and remap all your controls, you need to flip over to the "Difficulty" screen and hit the "Save" button. SImply hitting "Ok" will not Save your configuration to a file, thus you will lose it everytime. I don't know why ED put the only Save button o the Difficulty page, but many have had this problem and that is the fix.

P4 3.0 Ghz w/Hyperthreading | Abit IC7 | 1GB Corsair TwinX PC3200 DDR ULL | ATI Radeon 9800 XT

This gotta be the fastest reply I have ever had!!!

Thanks a lot, I will check right away, but still I seems stupid not to save the options when you hit ok for button mapping (it does for other options, if I am correct).

Thanks again, see you on the virtual skies after my solo training

It seems that I wont be flying anytime soon, since hitting "Save" on the "Diffilculty" screen did NOT save the button mapping.

On the button mapping screen, there are some grey boxes that could have been buttons, but nothing appears there for me. One of those buttons looks the same size of the save button on the Difficulty screen, but it just can't be pressed; in fact, I couldn't press the save button on the difficulty screen at first (damn bugs). I tried reinstalling but that didn't fix anything.

I love the game, but this issue is getting to me, really >

Make sure you go all the way through your config WITHOUT leaving the Options screen and hitting "Save" on the Difficulty screen within Options.

In other words, goto Options > map all your controls then flip back to Difficulty > hit "Save". If it still does not work for you, you are having other issues I cannot help with. Good luck!

P4 3.0 Ghz w/Hyperthreading | Abit IC7 | 1GB Corsair TwinX PC3200 DDR ULL | ATI Radeon 9800 XT

Believe me, I am no newbie to pc games. I did exactly as you say (and other ways) but nothing. It seems I am stuck to the keyboard.

I wonder who is responsible for programming the options menu...

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magimaster:
    Believe me, I am no newbie to pc games. I did exactly as you say (and other ways) but nothing. It seems I am stuck to the keyboard.

I wonder who is responsible for programming the options menu...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol u might be a MASTER of any other pc game but THIS is lomac - eveything works completly BACKWARDS - u really have to THINK in russian as the devs are russian and the entire USER INTERFACE operates BACKWARDS from the way our western minds THINK. u will get used to it lol

nVidia Omega Drivers v1.4523a
    AMD XP2600+ o/c 6.5 x 333 to 3000+(2.2gHz)
    eVGA FX5200 Ultra o/c 430/800
    512 Kingmax PC3200/400DDR
    SHUTTLE AN35N Ultra nF2 Audio/Lan
    WinXP SP1
    Saitek Cyborg2000 (crappy)

What about unchecking "read only" for your controllers and config folders? Read somewhere that works for some.

â«â§wì\/éâ"*â»

«99th_Swivet»

I had unchecked the read-only attribute from all of the files within the lomac folder, but nothing.

Not to worry, I am used to rotten luck with video games (I just hope my video card doesn't blow up while I try different graphics settings).

Maybe they will fix this withe the second patch.

Thank you everybody :_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast