Thread: Tools: Calculator | Forums

Tools: Calculator

Hi folks !

I developed a micro tool to calculate the number of components and the cost to upgrade your motos.

http://trials.batrox.fr/

Feel free to report bugs, improvements and spread the word !

flooodi-TFG's Avatar Senior Member
    GJ!

So, I only need 4 000 000 credits and some 50 level5 parts I'll be ready by tomorrow

Originally Posted by flooodi Go to original post
    GJ!

So, I only need 4 000 000 credits and some 50 level5 parts I'll be ready by tomorrow
    Thx and ... good luck

Believe me, I've been waiting on that Riptide data for months...

Could I get a mention in the thanks area, seeing as I provided data myself in addition to organizing what came from the others?

Here's a suggestion for replacing the copy on the home page:
    This web site provides tools to help you progress in the excellent iOS/Android game Trials Frontier. Check out the calculator, and feel free to send me an email for any bug reports, feature ideas, or any other feedback you mayhave. Cheers!!
    The table isn't formatted very well on computer. Having the width defined as 100% seems excessive. With the formatting how it currently is, 500px would be more than enough for an upper limit.
    Perhaps you could split the top left cell ("Component / Level") into two with an invisible divider between them, so that "Component" appears to be left justified (above the part icons) and "Level" hugs the right side of the cell (next to "I"). You'd then have to use colspan=2 for the picture cells, but that shouldn't be an issue.
    Any particular reason you chose level 3 parts for the pictures?
    It might look better to put a "0" in where none of that part are required, instead of leaving the cell completely blank.
    There would be plenty of room to increase the text size in the table from its current 14 point setting, since the pictures you're using are 50 pixels tall. Alternatively, maybe center the number in the box?

The Donkey page also is looking a bit drab, but can't speak to what'll be included on there since I still haven't unlocked it myself. It's certainly a good looking start there, looking forward to seeing what other tools you incorporate into the site.

Very nice! Do you mind adding the Donkey?

Oh, nice.

One thing that would be nice, but probably a real pain to do, would be to show the cost if you don't have all the required parts. Sometimes I just pay the extra gold, particularly when the gift box was working, because gold was easier to come by than the parts, but I always wanted to know how much extra I was paying.

@the_hezy

Originally Posted by the_hezy Go to original post
    Believe me, I've been waiting on that Riptide data for months..
    Yeah, I read that :/ But don't worry I have a geek wife which has a old savegame with the riptide level 1. I put it yersterday in my phone to upgrade the riptide and grab the data. It's just a matter of a couple of hours now.

Could I get a mention in the thanks area, seeing as I provided data myself in addition to organizing what came from the others?
    Yes Absolutely ! It forgot to add your nickname but I would like to add it ! Now you are on the page at the right place.

Here's a suggestion for replacing the copy on the home page:
    huhu, OK, I tried to hide I'm not a native english speaker

The table isn't formatted very well on computer. Having the width defined as 100% seems excessive. With the formatting how it currently is, 500px would be more than enough for an upper limit.
    Perhaps you could split the top left cell ("Component / Level") into two with an invisible divider between them, so that "Component" appears to be left justified (above the part icons) and "Level" hugs the right side of the cell (next to "I"). You'd then have to use colspan=2 for the picture cells, but that shouldn't be an issue.
    Any particular reason you chose level 3 parts for the pictures?
    It might look better to put a "0" in where none of that part are required, instead of leaving the cell completely blank.
    There would be plenty of room to increase the text size in the table from its current 14 point setting, since the pictures you're using are 50 pixels tall. Alternatively, maybe center the number in the box?
    I will correct everything you mentionned here soon.

The Donkey page also is looking a bit drab, but can't speak to what'll be included on there since I still haven't unlocked it myself.
    Same for me, when I unlock the Donkey, I will check and develop it.

It's certainly a good looking start there, looking forward to seeing what other tools you incorporate into the site.
    Thx!

@Flippant9

Originally Posted by Flippant9 Go to original post
    Very nice! Do you mind adding the Donkey?
    Yes, soon

@forkmantis

Originally Posted by forkmantis Go to original post
    One thing that would be nice, but probably a real pain to do, would be to show the cost if you don't have all the required parts. Sometimes I just pay the extra gold, particularly when the gift box was working, because gold was easier to come by than the parts, but I always wanted to know how much extra I was paying.
    Why not, that's possible because someone (I read that) has written the formula to calculate the cost of missing parts.

Thx dudes

iviarkD's Avatar Senior Member
    This is awesome. Needs to be added to Guides and Useful Topics asap.

Hey dudes,

Now you can fill the number of each parts you have to be taken in account by the calculator.

So you'll be able to know the gold / coins / gems you have to pay to upgrade your bikes.

Cheers !

IT-davideG's Avatar Member
    hi b4tr0x! speaks with dutscher_sbf and integrated all this in his map! would be a good thing!

he could make the garage of the bike and on each bike integrate your calculation mechanism