Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOVIE Number 4 ! | Forums

Actually a Music Video would be a better name for it.

Picture the Red Dwarf floating serenly in space as the android Kryten hooks himself up to the virtual reality system. Hoping for a peaceful flight in a glider he settles into the cockpit as the C-47 powers up. Unbeknownst to him, Lister walks into the room with a large white scarf and a flying cap on his head. "Call me a smeghead why don't you!" he grouses as he hooks himself up to the VR device...
    Tsk tsk, looks like Krytem won't have a relaxing experience after all.

[URL=http//www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/captainavatar/[/URL]

Right click and save on "Draggintheline.wmv" file.

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:38 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:40 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:41 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:46 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:49 PM.]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Actually a Music Video would be a better name for it.

Picture the Red Dwarf floating serenly in space as the android Kryten hooks himself up to the virtual reality system. Hoping for a peaceful flight in a glider he settles into the cockpit as the C-47 powers up. Unbeknownst to him, Lister walks into the room with a large white scarf and a flying cap on his head. "Call me a smeghead why don't you!" he grouses as he hooks himself up to the VR device...
    Tsk tsk, looks like Krytem won't have a relaxing experience after all.

[URL=http//www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/captainavatar/[/URL]

Right click and save on "Draggintheline.wmv" file.

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:40 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:41 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:46 PM.]

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 20 2004 at 03:49 PM.]

DUDE!!!!

That was cool. Fantastic tune to do a bizarre wee short like that to!! And Kryton rocks!!!

But me thunk you was of US descent (confirmed by checking your site and seeing you decked out in Navy threads), so hows come you appreciate Red Dwarf??? Thought it hadn't seeped it's way over there in any great strength.

By the way, I love all the theme tunes you have on your site, really cool stuff, hehe.

Also, you say that's yer 4th movie. I only know of two others you have done: "Raid on Zmievka" and "Hit The Road Jack". What's the third one??? And where can I get it?

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Executive Officer, 69th GIAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland
    Whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Za Rodinu!

Oh Yeah, we get Red Dwarf over here on PBS. LOve the episode featuring "Rimmerworld".

Did you get the joke with the glider being called "Sammy" with the purple flower logos?

{It's from a verse in the song}

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Fri August 13 2004 at 08:54 PM.]

eh....no....I probably should but it's been years since I watched Red Dwarf.

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Executive Officer, 69th GIAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland
    Whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Za Rodinu!

S! Avatar

Very nice film.

Enjoy it...Good Job!

"Draggin the Line" from Tommy James and Shondells....I love that song! Excellent selection......Nice!

I also like your very cool little cool web page and the music. Nice.

Best Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:

Also, you say that's yer 4th movie. I only know of two others you have done: "Raid on Zmievka" and "Hit The Road Jack". What's the third one??? And where can I get it?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was "Dukes of Crimea". A real short vid (7mb) where I have fun with the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV theme. It's not currently hosted anywhere. I just don't have space for it on my site either.

Hi Captain,

Two things...1st your movie...what a great short movie....luv the stills and the skin on the glider...the music never heard it before but now its embeded in my skull, cant get the damn tune out of my head Can you tell me what resolution you recorded it from?

2nd thing..Down Olga Bridge...many thanks for your post..they dont come much better than that ....and yes you are correct Dock of the Bay was a small movie i did some 12 months back, but really i dont class that as a real movie as it was done for a laugh...hence my statement "1st serious movie" for Down Olga Bridge. Anyway, you have a great memory Captain and you have put me under great pressure to deliver the goods on my next one....lol....take care bud

SCHMEGG!!!

I too love Red Dwarf.

Enjoyed the movie!!

Virtus Junxit,
    Mors Non Separabit.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAGcT2og50!y1f7NgYX4rH0SBKAJ0*TnOdC3*WtgnO6hGP KX5PiB5W62XzquB*!VrAP7Zdv0N0X0XoOghYlsdCNgJc9MWMJg aWb0iiKk/109g2%20small.jpg[/img]
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all else fails, play dead.)
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADWAvYSnGZaJjyZNeiWgIEGvdX5tvNMbEyaBCk7k0umnkdtM fvXk7UORkarzGe3nPMS77RyIzTPhfsJQW!gr!MM82pBzaYVzoz WAgBwaSg/******ss.gif[/img]
    Virtus Junxit,
    Mors Non Separabit.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAGcT2og50!y1f7NgYX4rH0SBKAJ0*TnOdC3*WtgnO6hGP KX5PiB5W62XzquB*!VrAP7Zdv0N0X0XoOghYlsdCNgJc9MWMJg aWb0iiKk/109g2%20small.jpg[/img]
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by montydan:
    Hi Captain,

Two things...1st your movie...what a great short movie....luv the stills and the skin on the glider...the music never heard it before but now its embeded in my skull, cant get the damn tune out of my head Can you tell me what resolution you recorded it from?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the song is circa 1971, so it's classified as an "oldie" now. Do they have Oldies stations in the U.K.? (I'm guessing you're from the U.K..) I downloaded a film a while back called "Flight of the Gigant" and that was the inspiration for the song and resulting video. I was planning on have a glider crash into a tree when the verse "hugging a tree" came around, but dropped that idea when I saw the Kryten pilot skin and chose a better fate for the hapless flyer.

Here's how I produced it:
    Fraps 2.0 (capture at 25fps)
    set game resolution to 640x480
    track replay speed to 1/2
    Windows Movie Maker 2.0

Some clips I kept at half speed and the rest I doulbled up. This did give me some problems when these overlapped (crossfading transitions). The trouble ones I just did a fade out to fade in to make it look neat. You'll also notice a few special effects like the slow zoom-in and outs and also the cockpit of the Fw-190 was "posterized". Made it look like a comic strip.

I may try capturing at full speed at 25fps to see if I suffer any stutters. Might work, I got consistent 25 fps at 1/2 speed...

My system:
    Athlon XP-2000
    768mb pc2100 RAM
    120gb 7200rpm HD
    Audigy soundcard
    Geforce4 Ti4200 128mb
    Dual 17inch monitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast