Thread: How did you do that? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I guess this question is moreso directed at Scragbat. If you don't want to share your secrets, I understand. But...

How did you get the camera shake effect? How did you get the blur? How...oh god, How?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I guess this question is moreso directed at Scragbat. If you don't want to share your secrets, I understand. But...

How did you get the camera shake effect? How did you get the blur? How...oh god, How?

XyZspineZyX
    Directlink to Scragbat comment on "shakin camera movements"
    http://www.blacksheepwebdesign.net/V...p?t=51&start=0

Here's da extract:

Scragbat wrote:
    Hey get the name right! It's Scragbat! LOL

Very glad you all enjoyed my movie so much and I really appreciate your comments. I am gobsmacked by some of the comments really I am.
    I thought it was good but not THAT good

Most of the action for 'Sacrifice' is recorded from a single game set out in QMB and then recorded to a single track. I then recorded mini tracks of each aircraft that was brought down from the main track. This made it easier to record each scene with fraps and from multiple angles without having to fast forward through the main single track.
    I also had to record some new tracks seperate to the main track to get that certain angle I wanted.
    It got to a point where this was becoming a very tedious project. Recapturing the same scenes over and over again with fraps until I got it just right.
    I edited together these scenes with MSPro 7, then rendered the final scene out to a indeo 5.11 100% quality AVI file using fast compression. This retains the quality of the original fraps capture but the filesize is just a fraction of the original which saves a lot of space on the old hard drive
    I used the Motion Sketch utility in After Effects on these rendered scenes to simulate the camera movements and shake and believe me that was no walk in the park. Every frame of this video has been motion sketched with AE. I had to keep re-doing the explosions and a/c damage shake over and over until I was happy.
    Motion sketching in AE records mouse movement and translates that to positional keyframes on your composition timeline. Simply put that means jiggling your mouse on areas where you will have shake.
    More than once I thought about abandoning this project but when I looked at each scene I had motion sketched and rendered I just had to do the next one.
    So after an awfully long amount of production time for 5 minutes 26 seconds of video I had my final render.
    I then spent about 4 hours trying to put aircraft sound over this but that proved too difficult getting the sync right so I had to abandon that and go with just the music.

Other points worth pointing out -

I captured from FB with fraps19d using the half speed technique (thanks go to you Davinci) at 640x480 with everything maxed out in OpenGL and Perfect landscape settings. I also used Quincux anti-aliasing with my Geforce 4 card (ti4200 128MB).
    As well as the motion sketching done in After Effects I also applied two fitlers to the composition, -50% saturation on colour and Fast Blur setting 1.

I can't say when I will do my next one. I need to catch up on some flying online (and some sleep!). Missed out on quite a bit of dogfighting fun while I've been doing this.

There will be another video and I do have one planned. I was thinking about scenes for my next production when I was finalising 'Sacrifice'.

So yes, there will be another one. I just need a break first

Vengeanze

XyZspineZyX
    Hi Vengeanze

Hey..you're quoting VWC how is that posible lol...hell is going to freeze....sorry i couldn't let this go...

WELCOME to VWC comunity Vengeanze [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

Good flight to you !