Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing me, Knowing you... | Forums

Hehe. Great gaming story Lynx. Loved it! Definetely a "had to be there" moment, but I can sure relate.

I think any serious gamer has a few of them. Mine involves Quake2. Multiplayer map "The Edge". Deathmatch with none other than Makaveli (rail gun god). So if I'm playing against one of the best reaction players in Q2 of all time, I had to have some skills. And I did. Knew all the level specific strats, the tricks of the physics, the near impossible moves being done with ease. I had it all down. None of it helped against good ol' Mak. Goodness, he just slaughtered me. He quickly got control of the map spawns and I couldn't break his rhythm without dying.

But, I did get one good kill in. As I was fleeing for my (virtual) life running from his deadly aim, I lept off a high ledge into some water below. As I was falling, I quickly spun around and fired a rocket shell at the ledge I just jumped from. Mak shows up just as the rocket hits the ledge and it kills him.

Course, I lost so badly after that (he was a revenge player, partly what made him so deadly), the score was something like 45 to 5 kills. But I had a tiny moment of gaming glory. Hehe.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Here is mine (please keep in mind that what I say here STAYS here. There is certain information I need to keep private.):

Nickname: VGTsum
    Reason for nickname:V for Vegeta. G for Goku. T for Trunks (I am a BIG DBZ fan). Sum for the first 3 letters of my name.
    Occupation: 8th Grade Student/Need to go to college really quickly
    Hobbies: Music, anime, video games, discussing politics, writing for music/anime/video games/politics sites.
    Favorite Game: Beyond Good and Evil
    Uniqueness: One of the only public game critics (who's scores goes on gamerankings.com) on the web that publically says BG&E is his favorite game ever.
    Positions: Writer for:
    1- GameFreaks365 (Under the Pen name Simon Sam)
    2- Korin's Tower (Under the Pen name VGTsum)
    3- Misc. Political Sites and Music Sites
    Favorite Bands: AFI, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Modest Mouse, The Offspring
    Favorite REAL Hero: Fidel Castro
    Dream:Being a American or Cuban politician

Hey kip0r, hows it feel to have started a two-pager topic? lol.

dont worry VGTsum, your info's safe here. cool info too! Im impressed that you've landed writing spots for sites at such a young age. its a great start man.

cellagent... ah, you bring back great memories my friend. Q2 deathmatch....good old Q2 deathmatch. i earned my online gaming stripes with Q2, it was the first shooter i ever played online, not to mention one of the first games i ever played online. Makaveli, ive heard of him, never played him tho, thank the lord.
    I remember staying up late every night sloughing through gamespy looking for good Q2 servers. i picked a server once, and when i joined, i realized it was a one on one railgun tourney. there were three of us on the server, and when i joined, i was spectating, awaiting my turn in the arena. This was within my first 3 days of playing Q2 online, and once i realized it was one shot, one kill game, i started to get a little worried. i noticed how the two combatants jumped constantly, something i took note of. I tried to learn the map, then one of the players got 10 kills, it was my turn. I remember seeing my railgun pop up as i respawned, and my heart jumped into my mouth. I was rediculously nervous, and i started to sweat. i pulled myself together ,and began to run... like a n00b. i finally saw my attacker, and he greeted me with a swirl of blue and grey, right in front of my face. thats when it kicked in. i started to jump all over, coordinating where i was going while still shooting at him. I was amazed at what i was doing. the final score was 10 to 4, his game. but i felt great that i held up against him, and it wasnt completely obvious that i was a n00b. since then, ive mastered the art of bunny hopping in deathmatch games. ah, those were the good old days!

Through Jesus Christ, he has made me FIREPROOF
    "...peepers?"

What do you think, should this thread be stickied or not?

-----

What do you think, should this thread be stickied or not?

Yea, might as well...

Anyway, here's an update of mine, using categories that other people have come up with:

Favorite Movie: Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. Others that are close include The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and a few others.
    Most memorable gaming moment: The moment that I remember best happened in WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne in a random team 3v3 game. I was human, my allies were human and undead. We were attacking an enemy expansion when one of the enemy players town portaled in. All 3 of us thought the same thing: AoE! (Area of Effect!) because when you TP, your army is in a nice compact block until you have a chance to spread them out. So, less than a second after the troops appeared, we all cast an AoE spell: me casting blizzard, my human ally casting flame strike, and my undead ally dropping an infernal in the middle. The entire army was dead in less than 5 seconds, it was really cool. :-)
    PC specs: I don't play BG&E on PC (I play on the GameCube), but here are my specs anyway:
    Dual Athlon 1800+ MP (1.533 GhZ)
    80 GB hard drive
    1 Gig RAM
    GeForce 3
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    24-inch widescreen monitor
    Windows 2000.

My computer is actually nearly 3 years old, but it still feels like a modern system. The program with the highest requirements that I've run on it is UT2004, which runs fine. The graphics card is probably the weakest link in the specs (one model shy of absolute top of the line when we got it), but it's still a strong system.

Intelligent responses welcome, flames will be met with marshmallows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>24-inch widescreen monitor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Kewell. (Dripping with envy...)

I'll update a couple od thins as well..

Favourite Movie: All the Lord of the Rings movies.
    Favourite Game: Zelda ( every one except the 2-d Zelda's ) and of course BG&E
    Pc Specs: I have no clue. I can't even play some 3d online games. I know it sucks, bit it works :P

I also added a photo of my bg&E promo thing
    I know I'm ugly but you're warned
    And it is Dutch a part of the site and was actually intended for my LOTR stuff.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO

Hey man! Da_Dukester, niiiiccceee promo stand, you must be very pleased with that! I know I would be!

Anyway, good info updates everyone! keep em' coming

... might post back with a picture of myself later this evening

------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sysMangler:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>24-inch widescreen monitor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Kewell. (Dripping with envy...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    heh, yea. We kinda lucked out. My brother's work was getting rid of excess computer equipment that they didn't need any more, and he grabbed the really nice 24 inch widescreen CRT moniter. I did some checking and found that this model is worth $2000 new. :-) Let's just say that it's really nice being able to play War3 at 1600x1200. Unfortunately, very few programs take advantage of the widescreen, but I do have the desktop running at 1920x1080, which is HDTV resolution.

Now, if only I could figure out how to hook my GameCube up to it...

Intelligent responses welcome, flames will be met with marshmallows.

*Jaw drops at that Jade Promo display

I envy you

-----

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast