PDA

View Full Version : Yet another spoiler/body kit thread. HI DEVS READ ME.

Zeuo_
12-10-2014, 06:00 PM
I just can't seem to understand how one of the developers didn't just speak up like "Hey team this car doesn't actually look good with this kit in my opinion, we should give the option to remove it so players who like the cars how they are can be happy with how they look" giving exception to raid and circuit spec of course.

You guys have done a top notch job on this game, I'm very impressed and honestly don't at all regret paying the money I did, I would definitely consider buying basically any game developed or co-developed by Ivory Tower. But all of my favourite cars look bad and I can't change that, I liked them in the shop but for them to be useful I need to give up their cosmetic appeal, that's no fun.

APG_Pingu
12-10-2014, 07:09 PM
whoever decided a Lamborghini Miura looks better with a spoiler on the roof should quit, go home and contemplate his life choices.

The guy who okay'd it should be sent to a far away place where computers dont exist. Somewhere far, far away.

I'm usually very relaxed about this sort of thing but then THIS ^^ sort of thing shouldnt happen

Defilement I tell you!

Zeuo_
12-10-2014, 10:15 PM
whoever decided a Lamborghini Miura looks better with a spoiler on the roof should quit, go home and contemplate his life choices.

The guy who okay'd it should be sent to a far away place where computers dont exist. Somewhere far, far away.

I'm usually very relaxed about this sort of thing but then THIS ^^ sort of thing shouldnt happen

Defilement I tell you!

Yeah I've heard about that, disappointing. I really wanted that car.

APG_Pingu
12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah I've heard about that, disappointing. I really wanted that car.

Have you seen the spoiler choices for some trucks? Just shove a GT wing behind the cab!

The laziness is strong in this game.

karkaroth_
12-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Mentioned months ago in the beta forums nothing was done, I LOL at whoever thought these overblown body packages should be the only option. How hard is it to have a no spoiler option ?

HajinShinobi
12-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Well, you do realize that you can still drive the stock version of the cars, do you? If you hate the performance Miura so much (which is understandable, since that spoiler is, let's say "special") you can still drive the stock version of it, that you also can paint and customize with stickers at your HQ. Now when you're trying to say you don't wanna drive a Miura without NOS or something, there is only one thing you can demand: That is Street Spec for every car, as the street spec are only very slight adjustments to the default body of the car. Removing all skirts and spoilers on a Miura, Bentley or such at Performance kit would be incredibly stupid since then it wouldn't be a Performance Kit anymore.

The Performance as well as the Circuit Kits even more are supposed to be optimized on, well the Performance of the car. Those wings on a Ford GT GT3 in game as well as in real life might look ugly as hell, but Ford has to use them in races, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance against the other manufacturers.
I see it the same way in this game, if I want to drive a Bentley and keep up with highly optimized Skylines, Mustangs and Lambos, I probably need to use all the aerodynamics I can. Now if I would want a Bentley thats better looking for cruising or in general has a cleaner look, I need to take my Street Spec Bentley... Which is where the problem begins, as all the supercars only have Performance Specs but no Street Specs...

Zeem Frostmaw
12-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Well, you do realize that you can still drive the stock version of the cars, do you?

Not in any remotely competitive sense though.

Zeuo_
12-14-2014, 04:00 AM
I'd assume everyone realises you can use stock, but you can't do much with stock, no PvP, no missions. Basically just cruising which does get boring.
One thing to remember is that this game is basically arcade, and with this style of customization you might as well accept that everything is cosmetic. A wing doesn't add downforce and change handling, it only changes how it looks. I don't believe performance spec should force so much of a change on cars in a game developed with the intention of freedom of customization. I support the idea, the big wings and more aerodynamic body kits all adding downforce and better wind resistance. It looks good on some cars and makes sense.
But we should have the options here, as it is the developers basically customize our cars for us when we buy a spec and some of us find ourselves trying to make the car look less bad, rather than buying a specced car with near stock appearance and going "time to make this car look awesome"

Zeem Frostmaw
12-14-2014, 09:01 AM
the developers basically customize our cars for us when we buy a spec and some of us find ourselves trying to make the car look less bad, rather than buying a specced car with near stock appearance and going "time to make this car look awesome"

Perfectly phrased, couldn't agree more.

Zeuo_
12-16-2014, 08:37 AM

Glad you agree, I just hope this gets the attention it deserves rather than being brushed off as it has so far. Or as it seems since no devs have replied to this issue.

S2AB0LC5
12-16-2014, 10:44 AM
First of all, yes.. we need an option to remove the rear spoiler and the ugly engine hoods from the cars..

But.. The performance Miura just got a Jota style bodykit (The Jota is the Lamborghini official try to build a race car from the Miura, thats the reason for the new headlights and front spoilers).

The roof spoiler is coming from Walter Wolf's first Lamborghini Countach.
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/2f/b8/f02fb822dd815f7127c7573cc0b3f2bc.jpg

The Jota SVR builded some years later from a stock green Miura. They try to build a "reproduction" of the burned original Jota, but they put it on new BBS wheels and aded the funny roof spoiler. :)
http://cochesclasicosdehoy.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/1975-lamborghini-miura-jota-svr-2.png

APG_Pingu
12-16-2014, 03:47 PM

Wow, such... tact and diplomacy lol

I think the perf Miura is cross between the Miura Concept and the 1971 P400S. Except merging the 2 has made the look atrocious no matter what wing, hood, bumper, paint and rim choices you make. The bumpers etc could be molded to fit each bodykit as the cars listed below are more or less trim styles or diferences in generation.

Here's a suggestion. A selection of widebody kits for perf cars. For example, the choice on Skylines could be diferent generations, R32, R33 etc. 370Z? Option of 350Z, or the Nismo bodykit. Focus RS? WRC kit. LaFerrari? Ferrari FFX, Murcielago? Diablo GT. Aston V8 Vantage? DBS, DB9. Golf GTI? Golf MK IV R32, MKVII Golf R. Challenger? '70 Challenger, Plymouth Cuda, Miura SV? Classic Miura P400S, Miura Concept. Silverado? silverado concept.

It's not beyond them, after all the Dodge Viper SRT-10 in circuit spec becomes a Dodge Viper Competition Coupe seen in GT3 and MC: DUB Edition.

This way we really can have COMPLETELY diferent looking cars instead of each looking very similar with just a diferent paint/livery :P

Downside means a lot more work for the devs.

EDIT: Ahhhhh my eyes! I want to unsee! :'( and that stupid pissing grin that hood (apparantly) has! The stock miura has no lip or spoiler whatsoever. :(

Oscar97o
12-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Wow, such... tact and diplomacy lol

I think the perf Miura is cross between the Miura Concept and the 1971 P400S. Except merging the 2 has made the look atrocious

Look at the post right over yours.

APG_Pingu
12-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Look at the post right over yours.

I was probably typing my post while Szabi posted. It takes me forever as i only use my mobile (also why my spelling is shocking at times lol)

Seshins
12-17-2014, 08:58 AM
X2 for the option to remove spoliers on all street and perf specs, and maybe dirt. As others have pointed out there is no aerodynamic benefit to them currently in game, and for a game that screamed CUSTOMIZATION in all its trailers and media, there is less "customization" and more controlled modification.

just sayin...

Apart from that i dont regret buying this game.

Zeuo_
12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
The customization is the only thing I dislike about this game myself, considering the average standard of customization in racing games these days. This game is very below average regarding options. However while it is the only thing affecting my gameplay experience, being disappointed in all cars I purchase really makes me want to stop playing until they address this.

Great ideas, poorly executed.

kunigunde2109
12-18-2014, 12:23 PM
I am so glad I found more people that are disappointed with the customization. Have you seen the frontbumpers on the perf McLaren? They are all the same. Not even the head lights change. They are 4 identical bumpers. I agree with all of you and I hope the devs read these posts and actually do something unlike the ubisoft tech support. I love this game but the customization options are just very very poor. I bought this game for mainly this because if I want to have many cars and nice handling I play Forza or wait for Project Cars. Ok ... the map was also one of the main reasons.

alexjacobs04
09-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Well lets see if they actually listen to all of us. I prefer a simple car with no accessories like spoilers so that I can install add-ones as per my requirements and the look I want for my car. Few months back I got side skirts for my car and they look great after getting installed but for getting the look I always wanted for my car I had to get a lot of things uninstalled and one of them was the spoilers.

I am really happy now to get the look of my car that I always wanted.

Thanks to all-fit automotive (http://allfitautomotive.com/) for providing me lip-kit and the easy way installing instructions to make my car a talk of the town.

M1xDRiFT
10-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Would be cool if BRZ Rocket Bunny