PDA

View Full Version : Can I switch parts between cars?

p400sv
12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
If for example I get a golden medal for completing a skill in a Mustang I win a lvl 15 suspension part for the Mustang, but if I want the same part for the Nissan I have to complete the challange again in a Nissan or is there a way to equip this part to other cars but I just can't figure out how to do it?

MaXiiczek
12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I think I've heard you can buy those parts by car tuner once you unlock it for that spec, but I haven't tried it myself yet

MightyMcSwifty
12-10-2014, 03:41 PM
I think I've heard you can buy those parts by car tuner once you unlock it for that spec, but I haven't tried it myself yet

True, once you get it for a car it's available for the rest for a small fee.

SDWeasel
12-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Though it is worth mentioning that it's also spec specific. That lvl 15 suspension can be bought with bucks for any other car with the same spec you earned it with. That is, if you earn the part in street spec, you cannot use it on a dirt spec. You have to go back and earn it again using a dirt spec car.

Vivoune_
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Not from my experience.

There is no "Unlock" mechanism. If you earn a part using, say a Street spec car, choose not to equip it and "send it to HQ" then you will be able to buy and equip that part once for a single car of the same spec. Choose to equip it right away and it's bound to that car and won't be available for sale.

-If you want to use that same part on another car you need to grind another part all over again.
-There is no sharing part either.
-There is also no switching, buy a lvl 50 part, then buy a lvl 49 and your lvl 50 part is gone, it won't be for sale anymore nor will it be available at your HQ, until you grind another part that is.

That "small fee" is also quite relative to everyone's budget considering a single Circuit lvl 50 part cost about 45k or 27k for Performance parts.

MaXiiczek
12-14-2014, 12:23 PM
now I tried it myself...

when you unlock a part for given spec, you can buy it by car tuner for that spec for any other car

when you earned or bought a part for a car, you can switch them in your HQ as you wish for that car