PDA

View Full Version : Few things about tuning and custom parts

themule08
12-06-2014, 05:05 PM
I see some issues with the game with tuning and cosmetic parts..

Few things that should be looked at and changed:

1. Cosmetic parts should have performance bonuses.
a. Adding a aftermarket wing to a car going over 100mph will increase grip, just as adding a body kit for aerodynamics would increase top speed.
b. Rims - Same effect if you add a wider rim it will improve grip while sacrificing other areas of performance; the ability to pick different tires for what you would to accomplish would be awesome as well.

2. IT will never be implemented, but being able to change different aspects of your car.. IE gearing, spring rates, and more would be amazing.. But, I don't think that is what this game was going for at all.

3. AWD, FWD, RWD cars need act completely different then they are set up right now... They all have different pros and cons and would make for picking them in certain races to create advantage over your competition.
a. unless I am wrong here and there is a difference and I just have not noticed it yet, tell me if I am wrong.

eX.ile
12-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Not to mention half the cars in the game have the wrong wheel drive. Like skyline is RWD, when it is suppose to be AWD.. the mini cooper is also RWD when in real life its FWD... and so on.

Game is far from in any way realistic, doubt they ll change it.

Savage_Mk-II
12-07-2014, 06:34 AM
I'll agree with OP on #1 and #3, but I think #2 should be saved for more simulator-like games. I don't want to have to sift through mechanical theory with a calculator trying to figure out what my toe and camber should be just to be competitive in a PvP race. The way the game currently has it - very dependent on your skill level - is perfectly fine by me. As for the cosmetic parts, totally yes. That would be great. Although it would be a shame if you had to equip a wing you don't like the looks of just to compete with others. Again, two sides of the coin.

And eXile6, in real life the Skyline vectors between fully RWD to AWD. It can act like a 100% RWD car at certain power inputs.

a_poor_puppy
12-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Not to mention half the cars in the game have the wrong wheel drive. Like skyline is RWD, when it is suppose to be AWD.. the mini cooper is also RWD when in real life its FWD... and so on.

Game is far from in any way realistic, doubt they ll change it.

As far as I can remember, all of the cars are RWD in cutscenes and cinematic sequences, but behave as they should when actually driving, including the Mini.

themule08
12-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I'll agree with OP on #1 and #3, but I think #2 should be saved for more simulator-like games. I don't want to have to sift through mechanical theory with a calculator trying to figure out what my toe and camber should be just to be competitive in a PvP race. The way the game currently has it - very dependent on your skill level - is perfectly fine by me. As for the cosmetic parts, totally yes. That would be great. Although it would be a shame if you had to equip a wing you don't like the looks of just to compete with others. Again, two sides of the coin.

And eXile6, in real life the Skyline vectors between fully RWD to AWD. It can act like a 100% RWD car at certain power inputs.

I see your point about camber and such.. and I actually agree on your point now..

I would just put a set number on the wings and such.. and for PVP battles or faction battles might drop unique cosmetic parts or research and development parts.. might be cool.