PDA

View Full Version : More detailed map filters targeted higher usability

thecokeguy
12-04-2014, 07:00 AM
I'm mainly using the map to scout out skill tests to get better parts, and I find it logical I'd only want the best parts I can currently get. So why is it I can't filter on:

- Driver level
- Part level
- Part type

I could for example be looking for lvl35 tires. Or have I overlooked something?

Rusty-Dagger
12-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm mainly using the map to scout out skill tests to get better parts, and I find it logical I'd only want the best parts I can currently get. So why is it I can't filter on:

- Driver level
- Part level
- Part type

I could for example be looking for lvl35 tires. Or have I overlooked something?

yes yes yes YES a million times i spent more time hovering over gdam skill tests looking for the right part i want than driving. On the upside once you get a few in plat its easier to find them again aka less to search as you can see the ones you have used before, However not all cars are well suited to one set event type aka my Dirt is not good at escape or my circuit is not going to do a jump on a dirt road.

at the very least sorting for part type. would help insanely but maybe an option for the level could be > current.

Stars_OfThe_Lid
12-04-2014, 12:46 PM
My thoughts (almost) exactly!

I'd like to be able to filter out all those parts that are 'too low for your car', or whatever the in-game message is, and then also to filter by skill or bonus part type.

Milkym0o
12-04-2014, 04:40 PM
We need filters as well for things such as:

Completed
Skill/Event Type
Show Skill events suited for current free roam car

FinalDrive360
12-04-2014, 09:49 PM
I recommended this during the beta, and am recommending it again now. It would be very helpful to filter by part type, and narrow that by part level, either in a range of like 5 levels, or individual levels. Trying to find a level 9-10 motor in a skill that this car can handle is such a chore as it is now.

thecokeguy
12-06-2014, 09:49 AM
We need filters as well for things such as:

Completed
Skill/Event Type
Show Skill events suited for current free roam car

The map already have filters for Status, Medals and Game mode/Skill type. It's easy to find for example Hill Climb, undone, but it's not possible to show all Skills and/or Missions giving specific parts at specific levels.

thecokeguy
12-06-2014, 09:51 AM
'Too low for your car' would be awesome, but instead of an actual filter, it would be enough to tone down the icon? I believe that's the usual way of saying "there's nothing new for you here", that or gray 'em out.

I thought the bonus was random?

MaXiiczek
12-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I would like to see a filter for faction mission lenght

Moffster
12-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Filters would be very welcome indeed!

veevoir
12-06-2014, 09:39 PM
This was suggested in 1st and 2nd PC beta, with no response :(

Filter by part level and filter by part type are a must, there is an insane amount of skill challenges to choose from, it cant be done manually!

thecokeguy
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
I would like to see a filter for faction mission lenght

Absolutely! Why didn't I think of that.

Moffster
12-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Now that I reached level 50, filters become less important since every skill challenge can award you with a level 50 part when getting a platina medal.