PDA

View Full Version : The XFINITY Speed Challenge

Zijina
12-04-2014, 12:24 AM
To the dev who made this mission:
I hate you, I hate you so much it's incredible. I didn't think I was able to hate anyone this much but apparently I was mistaken.

WHY???
I gave up on this oil-slick mission and just returned after I learned the controls a bit better, trying to fine tune the FFB on my wheel as much as I can.
Im now lvl 25 and I can not get past this mission still.

I never had any problem with any other mission, just this. Why? Because the tires are soaked in oil, the road must be made of glass and an engine that is way to powerful for a car with -999 grip/handling.

And the AI... I was driving STRAIGHT on a straight road and suddenly I got hit by overaggressive AI and with this car it only means 1 thing - Total spinout. From nr1 to nr8.

What's even worse is that when they spin out they get superglue on their tires and are back in 1 second. If I even start to wobble the slightest its game over.

So, dear whoever thought this mission/race was a good idea: Please quit your job.

Edit:
I managed to pass this level on the first try today after switching to xbox360 gamepad, even got gold... imagine that.

10x easier with gamepad then with wheel... in a car game. I don't know what to think...

Jeoul
12-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Yeh that mission is hard but do-able with alot of retries lol. The AI will drive you up the wall (no pun intended).

What really pissed me off was when i went on the last stretch under the bridge, i went over a little hill, when my car landed it swerved out of nowhere and went straight into a parked car lol.. took me ages to get there again lol.. just treat it as a boss challenge or something.

TTocs420
12-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Yeh that mission is hard but do-able with alot of retries lol. The AI will drive you up the wall (no pun intended).

What really pissed me off was when i went to the last stretch under the bridge, i went over a little hill, when my car landed it swerved out of nowhere and went straight into a parked car lol.. took me ages to get there again lol.. just treat it as a boss challenge or something.

the funny part is, thats intended, outta the 10+ times my crew attempted this mission before completing it all 4 of us had hit that same jump on a perfect line and still swerved, all you can really do is hope theres no oncoming traffic/parked cars, none the less, this mission has no place in this game, and is probably one of the worst i encountered in this game thus far.

on a side note, DAT XFINITY PRODUCT PLACEMENT

MDT_Quake
12-04-2014, 01:23 AM
I did it in one take :D

Jeoul
12-04-2014, 01:38 AM
are you by any chance Lewis Hamilton :p

Jasin_
12-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Xfinity speed challenge is way easier than Ubisoft 2014 Challenge,
try some of the Faction missions (~30min) with 100% ubisoft server performance,
butthurt nerdrage guaranteed when you dc' after 30 min of driving.

TLDR Ubisoft enough said

bryan67gto
12-05-2014, 02:55 AM
Wow this mission really. blows. the car is totally un drivable at the high speeds. and the cars your racing 1 sec im 2+ sec a head. then next there ramming me. then once you get into the city driving down what would be Lake st. seems like there always something that takes you out and the car wont stay in straight line at all. then the Jump towards the end if you make there take ya out. Tried this challenge close to 30 times now. UGH still not getting by it. Really Frustrating.. Should of made it little more realistic. atleast. If i had a car that handled this bad. It would be Gone in a heartbeat.

FlynnMacFlon
12-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Haters gonna hate.

And I was right behind Lewis , 2nd attempt. Just remember 100% throttle isnt the best way lol. Throttle, Brake, drift and coasting. :p

DDIGITALDNR
12-05-2014, 03:28 AM

Same here, did it very early on while doing the Chicago stuff and did it first time with my 360 controller I won by drafting and doing a slingshot around the last car.

SirDerp175
12-05-2014, 03:35 AM
It's not that bad... I did it first try also, as those before me said it is better to coast and brake a bit.

Zijina
12-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I managed to pass this level on the first try today after switching to xbox360 gamepad, even got gold... imagine that.

10x easier with gamepad then with wheel... in a car game. I don't know what to think...
It took me 2-3 min configurating the gamepad to my liking - it's taken me since launch to finetune my wheel to a decent feel.

bryan67gto
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
well finally got my game pad working right. took a few trys but got thru it. Using keyboard controls this mission really fought me. (couldnt get it done). To the guys that got thru it on 1 try. Kudos to you. Still think it can use a little tweaking to the handling of this car. It should be alittle better controlable IMO.

LoboFH68
12-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Hehe, I only hate the dev because he placed the end in a crowded city street with elevated railroad structures, my bane countless times.

Finally I got it in the last decimes of second...me and the bus against I rammed, my heart was failing but it gave me the win along the crash.

Kohsumi
12-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Incredibly hard mission, not enjoyable for 1 minute and came close to dumping the game for a few days lol, took 3 attempts with xbox controller

Ambientus
12-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Took me about 20 attempts but finally got gold on it.

The final leg is obnoxious with that train overpass.

Resinate
12-06-2014, 12:46 AM
this car should be unlocked for beating this challenge i want this car sooo bad!!!!!!

CoolFreshness
12-06-2014, 01:35 AM
That train overpass! After a few attempts, when I finally did make it that far, that ended the race for me instantly. When I finally made it back there after about another 10 or so trys, those damn tracks took me out in the exact same way but I was just barely enough ahead of the pack to be able to recover this time. Definitely one of the more frustrating courses, compared to every single raid course that is. Don't get me started on Raid.

B-SNiZ
12-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Get further into the race before giving up. It gets alot easier when the road opens up. Also the AI will crash more than you (hopefully). Just keep at it.

ultra306
12-06-2014, 02:20 AM
Seriously guys, just drive.
Just looked back into this.
Done the mission when I started the game and I have a Platinum ranking on it.
Don't moan, just learn how to drive in this game and get on with it.
Jeez, whats with all the whiners here?

thecokeguy
12-06-2014, 06:32 AM
First take, platinum ... But yeah, the opponents are ruthless.

DaSaints
12-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Passed it on the 3rd try back with a non-tuned G27. FFB was jerking my wheel all over the place and it was overly sensitive at 180 rotation (currently playing at 250 now).

Like the above have said - gas off and coast for certain turns. Brake for the sharp ones (that one house where some of the AI cars will plow into). That should allow you to build up enough of a lead going into Chicago that you can ease off the throttle and dodge cars (with some luck the AI will plow into cars as well... Or just maneuver h4x around the pillars).

Good luck!

p400sv
12-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Passed it on the 3rd try back with a non-tuned G27. FFB was jerking my wheel all over the place and it was overly sensitive at 180 rotation (currently playing at 250 now).
Good luck!

That's exactly my problem. 180 degree wheel is to sensitive no mater what I do in the options. This mission made me guit using my wheel and switch to keyboard. Got gold medal in the 3rd try on the keyboard.

Jackrabbit_V6
12-06-2014, 02:29 PM
done on second try .... i could have probably done it on the 1st, but i restarted after i blew 2 corners.... Speedlink Carbon, a cheap racing wheel :P

greatest666
12-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Failed it badly first time, driving under that bridge wrecked me.
Second time, some one invited me to co-op.
Got right to the end, was about to win it, yellow arrows at the side if the road appeared.
I panicked thought I had to turn, crashed into a wall.
Arrows were telling me to go forward, not turn.
Haven't tried it since.

MistahCooki3
12-06-2014, 02:50 PM
finally managed to Gold this after 6-7 tries but am i the only one who thinks the AI was exceptionally ******ed in this? Its like the road physics don't even apply to them. They don't slow down at sharp turns. If you rear end one at high speed, you are the one who ends up getting crashed and the AI simply continues on as if nothing happened. I was barely 2 inches behind the first car, we took a sharp turn at high speed and were met with an oncoming truck. The AI car passes through the truck as if it wasn't even there while i end up crashing.. I MEAN CMON!!! ITS RIGHT THERE! The AI car passes through it as if its not solid and is in fact a ghost vehicle

rhsiu-55
12-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I agree that the The XFINITY Speed Challenge is/to very difficult.

I tried it many times (my setup: THE CREW PC version, on Hardcore, Fanatec CSWv1, CSPv2, CSS v.1.5 H-Pattern) but was never able to win this race!
Very bad wheel behaviour on the Porsche, almost non controlable; this car is all over the place, FFB is non consistent (high/low); I gave up trying anymore...

capsaicen
12-06-2014, 04:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hydrSTLBIss Took about 10 tries to get it since the lead always crashed by the train platforms at the end.

DaSaints
12-07-2014, 08:20 AM
I actually replayed this with friends (helping them level etc), and played using the keyboard.

I need to change my stance - the tires do tend to slip from "road imperfections". I'm not sure if the devs were intending for as much wheel slippage, but yes - it's difficult on a wheel due to the constant minute counter steering involved so your car doesn't enter oversteer. You really notice it (visually) if you're playing from the ground/front bumper cam view.

It's still do-able. It's just a bit more challenging than most missions players will have encountered leading up to that point.

bryan67gto
12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Yea This race bite me in the ars for awhile. But switching for Keyboard to Gamepad really helped. Finally took gold in it. Found what seemed to work for me is stay in 2nd or 3rd. til you get out from under the raised train tracks. let them take out any obstacles then blow around and your gone. and a Win. being out front seems like something always pulls into your path right before the finish or you get bumped from behind and crashed out. at start and middle of race easy to get a few seconds ahead but they do catch ya fast. LOL.

Mcburnout26
12-07-2014, 08:13 PM

I did as well in a crew with 4 other players I stayed in first place the entire time. This was last night mind you. I thought it was an easy race the other members in my crew didnt get to finish it because of the time limit.

ThaJay1
12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
my friend and i thought that race was pretty hard, with the difficult to control cars and the pillar section so early in the game. pretty cool there even is a topic about it. don't listen to those whiners, they just need to learn to drive :D

Lhun
12-08-2014, 12:06 AM
get a wheel dude. My girlfriend and I did it co-op and won 2+ seconds ahead every time.G27.

D_J_TUNING
12-08-2014, 04:04 AM
This mission is not bad except ending... I'm so angry as I failed because of traffic ;/ Last 2 checkpoints and finished second... Mission failed :/ Overall many missions are too hard in my opinion. I'm playing PC version... There should be possibility to complete whole game using only keyboard, no pads, steering wheels etc... Also as in beta missions with timer are impossible to complete when playing on not powerful PC. I'm 100% sure about this, because I did few times perfect runs and kept failing. People in co op did everything without any problem...
It's ok when game is challenging but NOT when I have to do something more than 5 times... or keep failing not because my fault.

Cookiesith
12-08-2014, 04:45 AM
It's one of the most challenging/frustrating races indeed. But wait until you see family matters :D