PDA

View Full Version : Game play is great but everything else dissapoints. My review.

vitessex
12-03-2014, 02:56 AM
My experience so far is that while still a fun game it seems that everything done with the cars is done wrong. When I played the beta I just kept telling myself "it's just a beta." Boy was I wrong. Let tell you of my frustrations as well as what needs to be updated.

-The car selection seems like someone obsessed with American muscle as well as DuPont catalogs. I don't want to street race in Ferrari and koinsegg (spelling). While I understand a few of these cars in the game it seems stupid for half the roster of a street racing game to be these kinds of cars. And there are 2-3 versions of old and new muscle. We have about 3-4 actual tuners to play with. Who made this car selection?

-Pre-order bonus. Well I pre ordered the game for the Mini Cooper personally. Because I own one in real life. Was horrified to see that the pre order cars can only be used in street spec. Making them utterly useless.

-The specs oh oh the specs. Advertised your game to be able to switch out specs on our cars on the fly for different race types. Reality sets in when you realize only a handful of starter cars can do every spec as well as only 1 truck having dirt spec. I'll say that last part again, only ONE truck in the game has dirt spec. Even the Hummer doesn't have a dirt spec. Once again WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. Is this a bug?!!!!!

-Customization. If you thought the crew was gonna have the best customization since need for speed underground, then you better go back to your ps2. Customization is nonexistant. Besides a decent variety of paint and rims that's about it. Roughly 4 bumpers which are really just variations of the first 2, no trim paint options, no sticker color options, no painting of rims, no underglow, no ride height, no anything really. Watching your car be pulled apart while you customize it is merely a visual to make you think you have options. When in reality it needs some major work.

Once again I will say this isn't a terrible game as the map was done really well and the game play is fun. But this is a story line based on street racing games and there isn't much street racing in the vehicles. Failed to capture that culture making it sub par in the end. So many details missed and little to no focus on the cars. Already the season pass promising more half million dollar cars instead of cars we asked for that are commonly found in street racing. I would rather see generic copy cats like the rx7, honda civic, Subaru sti and so on then have named car brands of crap nobody wants to use. You only need 1 mustang in a game not 15 versions of it.

Pure...Soul
12-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Fully agreed with you,this is so sad to see good map design and good arcade gameplay, but with low amount of cars and with no customization. (I hope to see something like underground1/2, or most wanted.)
And how you say, we already know that in next 4 month(season pass dlc) there will be no tuner cars.
Maybe there will be some free addon with tuner cars in next month or two? (Probably not.)
Sad, very sad.

NEET_Morzun
12-03-2014, 03:20 AM
Amen to the complaint about the lack of tuner cars in street racing game.

We can probably expect some more tuner cars soon though, in the form of overpriced DLC - Ubisoft being Ubisoft and all that.

vitessex
12-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Amen to the complaint about the lack of tuner cars in street racing game.

We can probably expect some more tuner cars soon though, in the form of overpriced DLC - Ubisoft being Ubisoft and all that.

Hail the DLC God instead of releasing full games. F2P in a year with pay to win cars.

vitessex
12-03-2014, 04:28 AM
Bump

misterdanners
12-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Agreed. Even Need For Speed got it right with tuner cars and that was over 10 years ago when that game came out. Classic Muscle cars with huge spoilers on them...yuk! Yet we get a 370z and a r34 (thats left hand drive and it spins the back tires) not even a r35. Who the hell wants to drive different variations of mustangs? Bring back tuner cars NSX, RX-7, Supra, etc.

vitessex
12-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Agreed. Even Need For Speed got it right with tuner cars and that was over 10 years ago when that game came out. Classic Muscle cars with huge spoilers on them...yuk! Yet we get a 370z and a r34 (thats left hand drive and it spins the back tires) not even a r35. Who the hell wants to drive different variations of mustangs? Bring back tuner cars NSX, RX-7, Supra, etc.

Exactly. I have stated on numerous other threads with support from other players that if they hadn't tried so hard to get license they would have been better off. Just make generic no name copies of the vehicles we want so that they have the freedom to do what they want.