PDA

View Full Version : :) Sorry it's Incredibly Boring..

ParaPlays
12-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Really I cannot get into it, the poor grx on pc and the iffy handling. Its just not exciting it's dare I say it... boring.

I cant see this game surviving for very long, there is no thrill in driving, no sense of speed or danger and the grx are very dull.

Does anybody else feel this way? really disappointed.

:nonchalance:

Nick-A-30
12-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I kinda wish the driving mechanics were similar to Burnout Paradise

Armyskull13
12-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Nope, I love the game. Graphics look good, not as good as they can be but u gotta sacrifice something just a little to have such a massive open world with so much content and no loading screens. Being an mmo, it's bound to get regular patches and get graphics optimized more and more till it looks spectacular.

drkaii
12-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I also disagree with the op. I think the graphics are stunning - actually top of their game given the size of the game - the sense of speed is pretty much the best I've seen in a driving game (although I've not played a huge amount), and boring? This is the least boring game I've played in a while. Just the exploring is fun. There are so many details to see, not to mention just locations to go that it's endless fun. And I love playing all the missions so long as I do it with a friend.

I'm not bothered by the handling at all either, although I accept racing game enthusiasts seem to have reached a consensus that it isn't that great.

I hope this game never dies. I love it <3

dupedgamers
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
I also disagree with the op. I think the graphics are stunning - actually top of their game given the size of the game - the sense of speed is pretty much the best I've seen in a driving game (although I've not played a huge amount), and boring? This is the least boring game I've played in a while. Just the exploring is fun. There are so many details to see, not to mention just locations to go that it's endless fun. And I love playing all the missions so long as I do it with a friend.

I'm not bothered by the handling at all either, although I accept racing game enthusiasts seem to have reached a consensus that it isn't that great.

I hope this game never dies. I love it <3

Not sure if serious but I think he is! Graphics are poor however I will give them that since the map is absolutely huge. The trailers are misleading but when are they ever true? As for sense of speed, there is none whatsoever. Drive along a straight road and apart from the cars you pass, doesn't feel any different from low to fast speeds. GTA V has better sense of speed!

drkaii
12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Not sure if serious but I think he is! Graphics are poor however I will give them that since the map is absolutely huge. The trailers are misleading but when are they ever true? As for sense of speed, there is none whatsoever. Drive along a straight road and apart from the cars you pass, doesn't feel any different from low to fast speeds. GTA V has better sense of speed!

Definitely serious. With regards to the graphics, I'm comparing like-to-like. You have to. Obviously it's not going to look as Metro 2033: Redux, which is a game of short corridoors. It's a game with a draw distance of miles and miles, and for that the graphics being what they are make it top of it's game.

And this sense of speed point of contention? Maybe something's wrong with me. I really do feel like I'm going fast. I don't play many racing games but I've never played one that gives me this sense of speed.

a_poor_puppy
12-02-2014, 10:43 PM
The visuals are fine, mostly. The car interiors are well done and without low-poly edges, and the textures are high enough resolution that I can't spot any scale-up at 1920x1200. Admittedly, some aspects of the environment are iffy - parked cars, for example, are mediocre at best - but that's all but required. Imagine trying to play when the world is loading high poly cars as scenery.

As far as handling: It's an arcade racer. Set your handling to hardcore mode, adjust the linearity and sensitivity, and it bridges the gap between realism and fun quite well. If they're handling poorly for you, I recommend investing time into practice.

dupedgamers
12-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Definitely serious. With regards to the graphics, I'm comparing like-to-like. You have to. Obviously it's not going to look as Metro 2033: Redux, which is a game of short corridoors. It's a game with a draw distance of miles and miles, and for that the graphics being what they are make it top of it's game.

And this sense of speed point of contention? Maybe something's wrong with me. I really do feel like I'm going fast. I don't play many racing games but I've never played one that gives me this sense of speed.

Graphics are poor, it is what is being an open world with a large map as I already stated this however the graphics are not amazing/jaw dropping, there last gen graphics at best. Why you even mentioning AAA titles as its pointless?
The graphics could be improved no doubt using a better engine. As for draw distance I remember constant popping which weren't miles away but quite close but cant really comment even though the beta is practically the same as the full game from what ive been reading.
Main thing is your enjoying the game even with all its fault so happy for you, afterall you spent your pocket money and cant exactly return it so its in your best interest to make the most of it. I remember being like that with TDU2, 6months later traded it in and never played it again. Make the most of it while it lasts ;) This game needs all the support it can muster

heldie88
12-02-2014, 11:00 PM
the thrill of speeding in the game is a little disappointing, when i drive 250km an hour it feels like i drive a car going 100 km/h
and in the races vs pc it feels like when you retry one, they let you win at the latest checkpoints.. not much of a 'yes i won' feeling

drkaii
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Graphics are poor, it is what is being an open world with a large map as I already stated this however the graphics are not amazing/jaw dropping, there last gen graphics at best. Why you even mentioning AAA titles as its pointless?
The graphics could be improved no doubt using a better engine. As for draw distance I remember constant popping which weren't miles away but quite close but cant really comment even though the beta is practically the same as the full game from what ive been reading.
Main thing is your enjoying the game even with all its fault so happy for you, afterall you spent your pocket money and cant exactly return it so its in your best interest to make the most of it. I remember being like that with TDU2, 6months later traded it in and never played it again. Make the most of it while it lasts ;) This game needs all the support it can muster

Whatever, I think you are talking in an absolute sense and I am talking about in a relative sense. Obviously graphics can be improved by using a better engine.

Anyway, yes there is some pop up, but the landscape is visible for miles, and most important visual elements in terms of creating scenery are included. You can see all the major city skylines for miles and miles, as well as mountains etc.

I do agree that this is seemingly last-gen graphics. But top of them, I really believe that.

distrust74
12-03-2014, 03:03 AM
If you focus purely on the technical side of graphics it`s not overly impressive, but not bad either imo.
But I like the design a lot. The skies, the atmosphere, the lighting. It`s all somewhat simple, yet produces very beautiful images.
Plus like drkaii said, you have to consider the size. It`s just too big to hand-polish every corner like e.g. on Horizon 2.

As for handling, I really like it. And this comes from someone who gravitates more towards sims.
I have enough games that try to make me feel like a race driver. This is more Steve McQueen style, nice addition to my racing library ;)

NEET_Morzun
12-03-2014, 03:07 AM
I really can't get used to the handling, either. It's so clunky.