PDA

View Full Version : Please come to a complete stop before changing directions...

stridurr
11-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Is this for safety reasons? Maybe to prevent whiplash?

Seriously, try a J turn. It's just ridiculous. Unless you use the e brake to come to a complete stop, you just float around while the car slowly rolls to a stop. Only then can you engage gears in the opposite direction.

Easily overlooked in a track racer, but very annoying in an open world where chases are the norm.

stridurr
11-26-2014, 12:32 AM
After testing this further, not all cars are as bad as others.

The 370 is extremely bad if you want to have a laugh though. If you go 40 in reverse in a straight line, then let off reverse and hit the gas, it takes a good 5-10 seconds to start going forward again.

Something is up with this car.

NEET_Ludamister
11-26-2014, 04:55 AM
After testing this further, not all cars are as bad as others.

The 370 is extremely bad if you want to have a laugh though. If you go 40 in reverse in a straight line, then let off reverse and hit the gas, it takes a good 5-10 seconds to start going forward again.

Something is up with this car.

I want to say that a part of this is because you won't have the actual parts to really make it quick like that. Once you hit max level with the appropriate high-tier parts, you should be zipping around like it's nothing.

stridurr
11-26-2014, 08:10 AM
You really need to try what I suggested. This is not part related. It's definitely a bug with that car.

You keep rolling backwards about 50 metres while you have the gas pinned.

Other cars do it somewhat, but it's comedy in the 370.

NEET_Ludamister
11-26-2014, 03:51 PM
You really need to try what I suggested. This is not part related. It's definitely a bug with that car.

You keep rolling backwards about 50 metres while you have the gas pinned.

Other cars do it somewhat, but it's comedy in the 370.

I'll let you know in about 6 days lol

Ryzza5
11-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I think it's just the slushbox logic in the game.
I was able to do J turns in the Camaro just fine using clutch and H shifter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJ4gBbzFgk#t=2262

stridurr
11-30-2014, 12:07 AM
I think it's just the slushbox logic in the game.
I was able to do J turns in the Camaro just fine using clutch and H shifter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJ4gBbzFgk#t=2262

That looked fine, but you need to try it in the 370 to know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's fixed for release, but if not, you'll have a serious laugh. I wasn't exaggerating when I described it.

stridurr
12-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Still does it in release version.

Ryzza5
12-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Yes it seems to be the auto clutch that's too slow. Switch to manual clutch and you can do it in any car easily.

drkaii
12-04-2014, 03:29 PM
These kind of complaints (as you've noticed thankfully) need to be saved till late game. This game is all about upgrading, different vehicle types etc etc. Everything changes. It's actually designed to be bad at the start to make "upgrading" something worth doing

Ryzza5
12-05-2014, 04:58 AM
...which makes me wonder if the 'ultimate driving machine' (M3) will be rubbish at low car levels. I'm too busy saving for more expensive cars just now, though.

drkaii
12-06-2014, 06:16 PM
...which makes me wonder if the 'ultimate driving machine' (M3) will be rubbish at low car levels. I'm too busy saving for more expensive cars just now, though.

Probably. So what? Stop whining. that's how the game works. Nothing wrong with it

Ryzza5
12-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Haha not whining bro. Just curious.

Full stock supercars have handled pretty good in test drives so the BMW might as well. In fact I drove a stock Z4 on a cruise with some new players over the weekend which was fine.