PDA

View Full Version : Jump physics

DeviceBD
11-23-2014, 06:55 AM
The weird super magnet that sucks you down to the ground half way through a jump is very annoying. It obliterates the physics and diving experience.

MaXiiczek
11-23-2014, 10:45 AM
arcade game

Deebz__
11-23-2014, 11:23 PM
The cat physics, as the community has been calling them. I agree, pretty annoying. Seeing my car always land on all four wheels is annoying.

kapilahuja
11-25-2014, 10:58 AM
The cat physics, as the community has been calling them. I agree, pretty annoying. Seeing my car always land on all four wheels is annoying.

i could never get mine to land on all 4 wheels. lol

Canned_Player
11-25-2014, 02:33 PM
If this was up to me, i would implement 2 alternatives....

1 - cat physics OFF

2 - in-flight controls like gta v. at least that would be another way to take control of the car IF YOU WANTED (even with cat physics on, you could simply do nothing)

we could have both worlds... the people who want more realism, and the ones who prefer these controls, and besides, GTA V already proved that the concept works. no one complains about being able to control the rotation of your car when in flight.

and both options are totally easy to program.

Ryzza5
11-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, at least they fixed the moon gravity physics from TDU1 ;)

#evertheoptimist

wykedinsanity
12-01-2014, 04:08 PM
well your motor and wheels turning...wheel act like a gyro but your motor piston turning wants to roll you over kind of

Bossnigguh
12-02-2014, 01:22 PM
This game has a potential to be great, but physics are ruining it. I have noticed that some players complain about the handling, but nothing is wrong with the handling once you get used to it... however those so called "Cat physics" need to get fixed, cars indeed feel like a magnet stuck on the ground once you jump. Seriously, game felt great at first but soon as I jumped/crashed my car it feels like a waste of money. I really hope developers focus on improving this one thing which will decide whether this game will be played for years to come or it will die out in a year.

If this game had this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEj3Dqsv1s

or this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUMD6YwyRk

... then it would easily be one of the greatest driving games in this decade. However, with these physics you gave us everything feels so cheap and buggy. I hope you wake up and realise the main issue that is preventing this game to be great.

Thank you and congratulations on the release. I'm looking forward to future updates/fixes and new features being added.