PDA

View Full Version : 2 Unrelated Settlers Questions

Matt7986
06-11-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi, I've got two questions: one for Settlers1 and one for Settlers4.

I cannot save my game in Serf City because it tells me "Disk Full/Write Error". I asked about this on the Settlers1 board of the Settlers Map Channel Forums but nobody's replied at all. So if anyone knows the solution offhand, please let me know.

In Settlers4, the Roman spell "Replenish Resources" is supposed to keep the miners busy, but it's effects don't seem to last very long. An exhausted mine I casted on only coughed up less than half a dozen iron ore! Isn't it supposed to have a more noticable effect?

If anybody knows the answers, particularly to my first question, I'll be very grateful. Thanks.

Matt7986
06-11-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi, I've got two questions: one for Settlers1 and one for Settlers4.

I cannot save my game in Serf City because it tells me "Disk Full/Write Error". I asked about this on the Settlers1 board of the Settlers Map Channel Forums but nobody's replied at all. So if anyone knows the solution offhand, please let me know.

In Settlers4, the Roman spell "Replenish Resources" is supposed to keep the miners busy, but it's effects don't seem to last very long. An exhausted mine I casted on only coughed up less than half a dozen iron ore! Isn't it supposed to have a more noticable effect?

If anybody knows the answers, particularly to my first question, I'll be very grateful. Thanks.

megg
06-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Matt, I think that you may need to search for that topic at www.settlers4.net/forum, (http://www.settlers4.net/forum,) as it has been discussed previously. There is info on a patch for it, that overcomes the problem.

As far as I know, that replemish resources spell needs to be used before the mine is completely empty.

Matt7986
06-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks megg. I had to search through their archives to find the answer, but I still don't understand why they did not reply at all to my post. I guess nobody over there remembers to check the Settlers 1 section anymore.

Thanks again.

megg
06-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Sorry Matt, I did see it at the other forum, as I was quickly doing my routine round of several forums, just before I went into town.

I guess I was hoping, that as you had no answer, that you would do a bit of searching for yourself in the back postings, as there are very few topics that have not been covered regarding settlers over the time that forum has been open. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif