PDA

View Full Version : Engine Sounds

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I was thinking about how the 2010 Camaro and the 1969 Camaro in this game sound exactly the same. Or, all muscle cars for that matter. Maybe give each their own unique sound, and to further the customization craze, why not have audio kits? Make your 1969 Camaro a monstrosity that you can hear from a mile away, or make it a total sleeper and have a very mild sound. Maybe up the exhaust sound, so it sounds p**sed off all the time, or customize the shift sound so it can sound more menacing or whatever you want. What do you guys think? In this F2P game APB, you can customize your cars audio (only if you have bought the kit for it) and you can make it sound waaaaaaaay different than it normally did. I just figured this would be a great addition to the Crew, since it's all about getting that car and making it your own.

iFartzz
11-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I love the idea with changing the car sound like in APB. Maybe make it sort of modular, so you can add or replace different sounds, such as changing the sound to a more "rumbly" sound instead of a sort of quiet one (or vice versa obviously, so you can make it a sleeper), and then maybe have the choice between three grades of supercharger sounds, like one that's very subtle, one that's a little louder and one that sounds like a real blower and almost deafens the engine sound like at the new Shelby GT500. Or for tuners, add different varieties of turbo sounds (both when the turbo's actually busy at work and starts whining a bit, but also different dump valve sound effects).. Like the idea :)

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-12-2014, 10:15 PM
It sure would be a nice addition. Just to be able to tweak the sound of the car, and hopefully they all have a unique sound as well. So, endless possibilities. No two cars have the exact same sound, and with a sound customizer, we would have even less similarities.

Sniper-NLN
11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
As far as I know, all engine sounds were recorded from real cars. And also I heard from the dev, that sound wouldn't change from spec to spec (even when inline 6 is swapped by V8 and so on).

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Hmm, that really sucks. Because the Camaros (yes, both) and mustangs sounded the same to me, but this was from the last beta, not this one.

Skinrambo
12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah, i was really looking forward to the Hemi because i really like the sound from the motor.. That really deep and angry rumble, i bought the car and i used it ONCE(!!!).. Come on ubisoft.. FIX THE CAR SOUNDS!

Tomiffs88
12-03-2014, 08:06 PM
+1 for the APB thingy, that game has the deepest customization i ever seen. I would be happy to see something like that in the future. (Or to buy mufflers or whole exhaust systems that will alter the original sounds!!)

BG7bulls
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
yep, we need more realistic car sounds.. It feels like all the exotic and all the muscle cars sound the same, but in the Cutscene the exhausts sounds dope as hell.. I hope they will fix this in the near future.