PDA

View Full Version : Drag Spec

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-11-2014, 09:35 PM
So I've been thinking about all the beautiful muscle cars in this game... Why not have drag spec? I mean, we have raid spec. That's already ridiculously cool and unrealistic, so why not put in drag spec? Maybe give a buff to the muscle cars so they can keep up with the exotics and the like because most of the time, drag cars are classic or modern muscle. Maybe the turning would be more difficult but the sheer power of the car would make up for it? Also, for drag races, why have it pre-set to manual transmission? Most drag cars are, just to get that perfect shift.

Now, onto the drag spec customization... So why not have side pipes, blowers and a raised (not by too much) suspension? To top things off, it should have three sets of tires. Huge tires but small rims in the rear with a more normal set up in the front, a bigger rim but still a fair amount of treads on it for the rear with once again a more normal set up in the front, and lastly just a normal set up on both rear and front? That is if we don't get to change the dimensions ourselves, which would be reaaaaaaaally nice to do on all kits. Yeah, a raid spec car with huge rims would be a bit goofy, but isn't raid spec already pretty crazy?

When I think of this game, I think of a mixture of Midnight Club and the more recent Fast and Furious movies. Your car is not just a racing car, it's a weapon. And what you can do to said car is pretty crazy, like in Midnight Clubs customization. And, (if) once we get a mechanic in the game to create and edit our own vinyls, we could have something like a 2010 Camaro with a reaper vinyl or werewolf vinyl or even a Venom symbol with drag spec and just go straight down the line, extremely fast.

For this spec, I would love to see it for all vehicles, however have the muscle class be the king of the spec. It's not very often you don't see a muscle car in a drag race. Drag races normally consist of classic muscle cars or new muscle cars. Generally, I see drag racing as all about large displacement, monster V8 engines and classic late 60's styling.

juanse812
11-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Now this we need. Raid and Off-Road spec are similar. They should have Drag spec. It's unique. I agree with this 100% except... JDM are at the top. Supra and GTR are kings right now... but I'd like to see this is the game.

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-12-2014, 02:31 AM
For drag spec, I personally think the muscles should be kings of said spec. I mean, most drag cars are muscle cars and they have the works. Supercharged engines with the blower stickin' out, side pipes spewing flames, huge rear tires, slightly jacked up rear, they really got it all. Those drag cars are easily some of the fastest cars ever. There was one Camaro that hit 217 mph and I think it set some new record or something. It was a ridiculous car. See, the problem NFS has always had, was the fact that old muscle cars always got left out. They were just starter cars, no other place for them later in the game. See here, I can see something more. Even in NFS world, exotics always beat muscles in drag races, which I don't see happening in the real world. In the real world, drag cars are these insanely modded muscle cars with engines that scream, roar and just overall produce unrealistic speed.

Here, I can see muscle cars doing this. Drag races would be a perfect addition and complement to this already amazing game. Just think, drag racing in a drag spec muscle car against a Lambo on the highway, or a legal strip, or even just a red-light straight-away. This would absolutely be the perfect addition. Now as for being at the top....

Yeah, other cars will be better than muscle cars in some way, but drag racing? That's where muscle cars shine. That is where they dominate. I see JDM dominating the drifting, exotics dominating the tracks, but the street is where they all come together, which is nice. But what about muscle? They have no purpose in any game, other than for those muscle car guys like myself. They don't give them enough power, but with the specs in this game, they can!

Drag spec should have a special relationship with the muscle cars in this game, specifically the older ones. The older muscle cars should be the kings in the drag spec, having the most power and over all being the best suited for that particular spec. Next should be the modern muscle, while although they are muscle, I don't see too many of them customized to the likes of these old power-house monsters. After the muscle cars would come the others. Yeah, they should be competitive, I'm not saying that muscle cars should wreck everything all the time in this spec, but they should be on the level of the Lambos in terms of speed. The old muscle cars truly are the kings of drag racing.

Yeah, import drag racing would be cool, but again, for muscle cars to really have a chance, the drag spec would have to absolutely beef these cars up, make them a complete monster on the strip, street or highway.

MaXiiczek
11-12-2014, 08:32 AM
drag = performance, so don't count with a new spec

also all cars are balanced around car lvl, if some car has higher top speed, it will be at the cost of something else to keep the car lvl balanced, so yeah, muscle cars are probably better due to their lack of handling and thus higher scores in other aspects, you have to think about it like about RPG, because the game is designed that way, it's not a driving simulator

and for dirt vs raid... think about it like a classic rallye race like in Colin McRay rallye (dirt) vs rallye Paris Dakkar with extreme conditions (raid)

Xx_MAGGOT_xX
11-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Hmm, sorry but I still think that drag should get it's own spec, purely for drag racing. That's just my opinion. Performance just looks sporty, it doesn't have the huge tires, wheelie bars and side pipe exhausts that drag cars do.

Cmvandy
11-14-2014, 01:20 AM
I like the idea but drag spec would only work in a straight line because drag cars dont turn because of the sheer power but performance and drag cant be the same because performance cars perform well in mkst or all aspects the only thing a drag car does well is accelerate and has hugh speeds even though most drag cars except for NHRA cars dont go that fast they just accelerate insanely quickly but most 10 second cars finish the wuarter mile at 150 or less

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-14-2014, 02:26 PM
it's definitely an interesting idea, perhaps down the line :)

hawickblue01
11-19-2015, 08:18 PM
So I've been thinking about all the beautiful muscle cars in this game... Why not have drag spec? I mean, we have raid spec. That's already ridiculously cool and unrealistic, so why not put in drag spec? Maybe give a buff to the muscle cars so they can keep up with the exotics and the like because most of the time, drag cars are classic or modern muscle. Maybe the turning would be more difficult but the sheer power of the car would make up for it? Also, for drag races, why have it pre-set to manual transmission? Most drag cars are, just to get that perfect shift.

Now, onto the drag spec customization... So why not have side pipes, blowers and a raised (not by too much) suspension? To top things off, it should have three sets of tires. Huge tires but small rims in the rear with a more normal set up in the front, a bigger rim but still a fair amount of treads on it for the rear with once again a more normal set up in the front, and lastly just a normal set up on both rear and front? That is if we don't get to change the dimensions ourselves, which would be reaaaaaaaally nice to do on all kits. Yeah, a raid spec car with huge rims would be a bit goofy, but isn't raid spec already pretty crazy?

When I think of this game, I think of a mixture of Midnight Club and the more recent Fast and Furious movies. Your car is not just a racing car, it's a weapon. And what you can do to said car is pretty crazy, like in Midnight Clubs customization. And, (if) once we get a mechanic in the game to create and edit our own vinyls, we could have something like a 2010 Camaro with a reaper vinyl or werewolf vinyl or even a Venom symbol with drag spec and just go straight down the line, extremely fast.

For this spec, I would love to see it for all vehicles, however have the muscle class be the king of the spec. It's not very often you don't see a muscle car in a drag race. Drag races normally consist of classic muscle cars or new muscle cars. Generally, I see drag racing as all about large displacement, monster V8 engines and classic late 60's styling.
It appears your thoughts have come to reality bud
nice 1

gcustoms
11-20-2015, 12:45 AM
It appears your thoughts have come to reality bud
nice 1
Not really, none of the muscle cars can have drag specs... for some reason.
Natchai said it's to break convention. All it did was infuriate me and push me toward asking for a refund.

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Not really, none of the muscle cars can have drag specs... for some reason.
Natchai said it's to break convention. All it did was infuriate me and push me toward asking for a refund.

I also said more specs will come to existing cars ;)

Oscar97o
11-20-2015, 02:37 PM
I also said more specs will come to existing cars ;)

Well we saw a drag Impala in the E3 trailer. :p