PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Racing

chw35
09-23-2014, 02:01 AM
In one of the recent The Crew trailers, red light racing is shown as a game feature.
However, in the beta, if the player stops at a red light, the traffic behind simply go around the player and sometimes smash the traffic light, totally ruining the fun of red light racing or for those of us who like to sometimes follow traffic rules. Hope to see the traffic waiting patiently behind the player at red lights.

Savage_Mk-II
09-23-2014, 02:18 AM
I've never tried this, but what you're saying is that the AI actually tries to run the red? Or just get to the front of the line, as if your car has no right to be there?

chw35
09-23-2014, 03:55 AM
Just to get past the player; afterward they still wait until the green light is shown. I think AI vehicles should at least switch lanes instead of running on sidewalks and hitting the traffic light. If there is only one lane, just have them wait patiently.
I know a possible concern is that if the player stops in the middle of the road for 10 minutes and the traffic just wait, it might create a terrifying traffic jam. In that case, overtaking by any means necessary is appropriate. I think a time limit for not overtaking may be a good idea; the limit is set for like 1 or 2 minutes, more than enough for any red lights to turn green; beyond that limit, the traffic are free to overtake.

Savage_Mk-II
09-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah, or have the overtake be tied in with the color of the traffic light. If it's red, they don't overtake. That's kinda lame that it's a bug in the first place; sounds like the south Chicago loop during rush hour traffic (every bloody day I have to deal with that nonsense). But yeah, I agree with you completely, that has to be fixed.

chw35
09-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah, or have the overtake be tied in with the color of the traffic light. If it's red, they don't overtake.
That's a better idea. Just make sure to give a few more seconds after the light turns green so that the player has enough time to get her car moving.

Savage_Mk-II
09-24-2014, 12:03 AM
give a few more seconds after the light turns green so that the player has enough time to get her car moving.

That too. Very valid indeed.

RockEyeOG
10-07-2014, 01:35 AM
I'm almost positive I ran into you and your buddy in LA following the traffic lights and cruising around not passing traffic when it backed up. I followed two guys doing that for a little bit trying to figure out what you were up to.

Savage_Mk-II
10-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Depends if you're talking to me or chw35, but that couldn't have been me. I haven't been to LA in the game yet. Me and my buddies stuck to the East coast and Chicago for the most part, and a couple of them tried to go west but went AWOL somewhere around the Grand Canyon. :D

chw35
10-21-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm almost positive I ran into you and your buddy in LA following the traffic lights and cruising around not passing traffic when it backed up. I followed two guys doing that for a little bit trying to figure out what you were up to.

I did not participate in the recent console beta, so you didn't see me playing unless you are talking about the earlier PC ones.

Natchai_Ubisoft
10-22-2014, 11:32 AM
just to let you guys know, the strange behaviour of AI has been reported, and to my knowledge is being worked on

chw35
10-22-2014, 03:57 PM
just to let you guys know, the strange behaviour of AI has been reported, and to my knowledge is being worked on

I hope the specific issue I posted this thread for is being worked on.