PDA

View Full Version : Performance

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Why does every game i play from UBI perform so bad? I mean frames per second.

I have

Atlon xp 2400+
1024 ram
a7n8x deluxe
Radeon 9800 pro

This system should be enough to run a game like this.... and, i admit.. it runs.. but on high quality i get like 20/30 fps... why is the performance so bad?

Other new games run very smooth... but ubi games seem to perform really bad. This farcry demo and raven-shield for example.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Why does every game i play from UBI perform so bad? I mean frames per second.

I have

Atlon xp 2400+
1024 ram
a7n8x deluxe
Radeon 9800 pro

This system should be enough to run a game like this.... and, i admit.. it runs.. but on high quality i get like 20/30 fps... why is the performance so bad?

Other new games run very smooth... but ubi games seem to perform really bad. This farcry demo and raven-shield for example.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I partially agree. I am having a few issues with Farcry, I am running 30 to 40 fps at 1152x864 with mixed settings on medium or high.

Epox 8rda+ mobo with xp 2400 o/c'd to 2.21 ghz (watercooled)
512 pc2700
2 80jbbSE WD hard drives
Radeon 9700 non-pro o/c'd to 325/650
It's not a spectacular system but good for gaming most of the time (I have to general use p.c.'s) but I am ready to upgade to keep up with game and others.

Now where I disagree is that I don't have a single issue with any other Ubi games. I get 60+ fps on RavenSheild at 1280x1024 and 80+ on XIII at the same resolution

Keep in mind that many of the games are PUBLISHED by Ubi, not developed, they all use different engines.
Give Farcry a chance, this is just an early demo.

ZN_zer0
http://www.zer0net.comhttp://www.zer0net.com/XIIIzlogoMod.jpg

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, i think (hope) the performance will be better in the final version.

But raven-shield is also programmed very bad. It ran better on my old Gforce4 Ti4200 than on my new radeon 9800 pro. And the devs can't even fix the bugs.... really bad support. That's why i had already lost about all my faith in ubi. So i download farcry, and.... what a suprise! Another ubi game performing bad.

Raven-shield performs bad on my system, farcry too... havent tried XIII yet.

But why does the HL2 beta run smooth then? Also NFS Underground runs supersmooth... (i know that isn't a game to compare) But i still think overall ubi games perform pretty bad....

Oh wait... i have prince of persia too, it's an ubi game... that one seems to run just fine.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 10:20 PM
HappySmoker wrote:
- But i still think overall ubi games
- perform pretty bad....
-

Just a coincidence. After all, it's not Ubisoft who's developing the games..they're just the publisher, right?

But I do agree that Raven Shield and Far Cry are rather heavy. I think with Far Cry it's because it's not optimized, but Raven Shield does have some sloppy programming because UT2003, which has the same engine (although RS's is modified of course), runs very well with a lot more complex levels.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 10:30 PM
HappySmoker wrote:
- Why does every game i play from UBI perform so bad?
- I mean frames per second.
-

How the hell can you blame that on UBI??
Game engines are designed by game studios, not publishers.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 10:33 PM
who you think those game studios are working for?

Message Edited on 02/07/0409:38PM by HappySmoker

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 10:55 PM
When a studio develops a game, They normally don't have a publisher yet. They have to submit their work to a prospective publisher for "pick up".
I don't think it's appropraite to blame Ubisoft.
You really can't blame the engine on the RavenShield bots. I have done a bit of bot programming and you can do some pretty convincing work with them.
It all depends on what is most important to you, AND how much time/money you have to finish the product.

ZN_zer0
http://www.zer0net.comhttp://www.zer0net.com/XIIIzlogoMod.jpg

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 11:52 PM
DUDE, QUIT YOUR DAMN COMPLAINING! PLEASE.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Look, enjoy the game. Don't freaking worry about what your frame rate is. I'm 100% positive this 'low' frame rate is MORE than playable on your system.

If you have a problem with it, quit the benchmarking. Enjoy the game for what it is. If you can't do that, then sell your gaming rig and quit calling yourself a 'gamer' because you are not.

XyZspineZyX
02-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I have a 2.6 Ghz P4 with 512 meg ram & a 128mb G-force FX 5700 Ultra & the game runs perfectly with all settings on high. Would run good on very high just dont have enough ram so it keeps swapping files so jumps occasionally