PDA

View Full Version : Sound: Songs and Language

nachocura1
05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
It is important for the context of the era to add some German songs and specially songs that were used for U-boots like "Das U-boot lied". Be able to put the songs when your in the captain‚¬īs personal room or when you aproach a pen and you really did it well, and you recive a heros welcome, you would hear in the docks the "Erzherzog Albrecht March" like in the best U-boot movie "Das Boot". So the player must have the option to select german marches in the captains room or wathever room, or youll here it in the docks.

Also Language is very important. The best thing is to make it possible to enable german to be spoken by the crew and you orders, because its very unrealistic to me to heare english in a german U-boot. Also the instruments must be in german, because its a clasic thing to see the instruments in german. The crew wouldn‚¬īt be german if they dont answer to their Kapit√¬§n Leutnant with a "Ja W√¬∂hl!!". And that shouldnt be difficult to do. SH2 do have it (althoug I never heard "Ja W√¬∂hl!"). It is important for reallism also to hear the crew talking in german from time to time, or the officers shouting orders to sailors in german or reporting to you in german. Also that when you give an order it is said in german and the answer from the crew is in german also.

nachocura1
05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
It is important for the context of the era to add some German songs and specially songs that were used for U-boots like "Das U-boot lied". Be able to put the songs when your in the captain‚¬īs personal room or when you aproach a pen and you really did it well, and you recive a heros welcome, you would hear in the docks the "Erzherzog Albrecht March" like in the best U-boot movie "Das Boot". So the player must have the option to select german marches in the captains room or wathever room, or youll here it in the docks.

Also Language is very important. The best thing is to make it possible to enable german to be spoken by the crew and you orders, because its very unrealistic to me to heare english in a german U-boot. Also the instruments must be in german, because its a clasic thing to see the instruments in german. The crew wouldn‚¬īt be german if they dont answer to their Kapit√¬§n Leutnant with a "Ja W√¬∂hl!!". And that shouldnt be difficult to do. SH2 do have it (althoug I never heard "Ja W√¬∂hl!"). It is important for reallism also to hear the crew talking in german from time to time, or the officers shouting orders to sailors in german or reporting to you in german. Also that when you give an order it is said in german and the answer from the crew is in german also.