PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Parts

ThaHadesKerbecs
08-30-2014, 05:03 PM
I see that on the award screen for one of the categories for Performance Parts that there will be Platinum Parts. Now, I know it's just a beta, so we can't expect to see it yet, but when the full game comes out, don't make it obtainable just from micro transactions. Can you please make it obtainable from skill challenges as well. People would be quite upset if people found out that the rarest performance part is only obtainable from micro-transactions. You said that micro-transactions are optional, so don't make it so that people who pay real money get an exclusive and elite status like in Need For Speed World. That game is failing, and I don't want to see this game fail like that one, so don't make the same mistake. People will just ragequit because they can't compete against those who have platinum parts.

iFartzz
08-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Pretty sure you get those by skill challenges aswell. In the beta there was an icon after gold, which was "WR" if I remember correctly, and it was a white symbol so that could very well mean platinum parts :)

ThaHadesKerbecs
08-30-2014, 06:49 PM
That means World Record, so I don't think it's that.

tragic_circus
08-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Hopefully there'll be some reasonable way to get them. If these parts are only obtainable through micro transactions, in fact, if there's ANYTHING of importance that is only obtainable through micro transactions, both Ubisoft and Ivory Tower can f*ck off.

wyatto022298
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Ok, it's already a $60 game, they shouldn't have even considered micro transactions at all. I understand if they were gonna make it like $20, but no, it's $60, micro transactions SHOULD NOT exist in a SIXTY DOLLAR game.

dillly01
09-02-2014, 12:10 PM
I do beleive there will be micro-transactions, for crew credits, but please do not quote me on that, its just what i think given you get these creds as part of the pre-order, but so what, if they are not having a monthly sub, how else do you expect them to keep the servers live, and properly/regulaly maintained, as well as creating new content for the gamer, it may well be though cosmetic parts that you can only gain by using your wallet, its worked for Guild Wars as a $60 game on release ..

Fluttershy7669
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
From what I saw everything that can be bought with in-game currency can also be bought with Crew Credits, so It's just there to give people who don't want to work for the stuff have it slightly fast than the people who are willing to actually work for it.

Yes, I know people have jobs and lives outside games so most don't want to have to come home and then work at a game.
They just want to play it and if spending more money on it gets them there then they will pay for it no questions.

HickzGB
09-05-2014, 01:35 AM
You WILL be able to buy Platinum parts in The Crew, once you have unlocked that particular part. 11 parts per car, so 11 challenges need to be done + You have to unlock the part for each spec, you cant unlock a Platinum part in a Street car then buy it for your Dirt car. Once unlocked by a Street can, you can buy that part for all your other street cars.

Savage_Mk-II
09-19-2014, 07:38 PM
See, what would be really nice is if they made these giga parts only obtainable as a low drop chance at random if you're the winner of an MP race. After all, anyone can farm skill challeneges till they're good enough, but the notion of rarity with regard to parts has yet to be explored.

As for micro transactions, from what I've heard only cars and starter part packs can be bought with real money. Anything above bronze you have to unlock yourself.