PDA

View Full Version : Electric cars

Kazyas
08-30-2014, 03:50 AM
It'd be interesting to see some electric cars in this game. I was thinking specifically of the Tesla lineup of cars, Roadster, Model S and Model X, but I'm sure there are other ones as well. The main reason would be that it would feel neat to beat someone with a big V8, in what sounds like a hair dryer. It'd also help popularize electric cars (eco friendliness etc.), of course.

They could be expensive, and more like a set of special vehicles that you buy for fun; they don't need all the specs or anything (the Model X does fit as a raid car, and the S as a street/dirt/performance, but I digress). Being able to collect them and take them out for a cruise would be nice, anyway.

Game seems very nice, I tried it some in this recent beta, and it's good in most aspects. The main thing I'd request is to see more players driving around the world, but that may just be a beta population issue.. oh, and dynamic weather of course, but that's a bigger change.

Djunjupp
08-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Oh I'd like to see some electric cars around, yeah. Especially a Prius. So I can bump into it 'accidently'.

Riqqee
09-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh I'd like to see some electric cars around, yeah. Especially a Prius. So I can bump into it 'accidently'.

+1

Swoxie93
09-01-2014, 11:50 PM
A tesla is the only electric car i would wanna see in The Crew, not required tho

Kazyas
09-02-2014, 02:04 AM
A tesla is the only electric car i would wanna see in The Crew, not required tho
Indeed. I meant the Model S primarily, as that is their first real (I consider) consumer grade car. They'll be releasing the Model X in early 2015, so it may not make the cut to qualify for a game released now (DLC time, call it the electrifying pack or something).

Their acceleration is pretty good, and they'd be good for certain driving I'm sure (that instant torque). Unfortunately the Model S is limited to 130 mph or something like that (probably because it's gearless and they want to stay within safe RPMs?), but it'd be fun to drive none the less. You could possibly have some modified spec (performance?) where it has gearboxes fitted, but it'd have to be incredibly expensive to make up for the fact that they'd need to be custom made and modified (probably as much as the car, extra, for the upgrade).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCdP6sMN9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndb_4L-6ZP0

Savage_Mk-II
09-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Here's the one huge problem with this kind of thing: electric cars are almost completely uncustomizable, and I mean in the performance department. The motor comes as-is and can't really be upgraded/swapped. There's no valve springs to toughen, no headers to straighten, and definitely no turbos or intercoolers to attach and transmissions to swap. So you would be stuck driving a stock car...not sure if you're into that kind of thing. In addition, you have to understand that most electric cars top out around 110-120 mph. The speeds in this game on the more open tracks reach much higher values, so you'd be getting passed in the most brutal ways in these instances. Torque down low might be good out of turns but I think the bad kinda outweighs the good.