PDA

View Full Version : Stock body kits on spec'ed cars

Djunjupp
08-29-2014, 09:22 AM
This may have been posted before, so I'm sorry if so.

I feel that we need to have the option to keep the car looking like the stock car, if even just in the street spec.

Now, the game is forcing the looks of the car once you put a spec on it. For instance, you automatically get a spoiler on your car, which just doesn't look good on some cars.
Personally, I love the original '67 Shelby, and being able to drive it around like it is and upgrading the performance, would be awesome. I would seriously dislike having to put a spoiler on it, and I think I won't be the only one. I've seen someone with an old dodge charger and it came with a spoiler, which totally ruined the car for me.

Basically, what's happening now with all these specs is that you can't drive any car in the shape it came in. I'm not saying I don't like the different spec looks on the cars, I just want the ability to keep the car's bodykit when upgrading to another spec. Some cars really look good in other specs, but some don't if you're gonna force some body styles. Some people just want to have the stock car with better performance.
If it were possible to have those stock body kit options in some specs, maybe even just street spec, that would be awesome! Or, have the ability to add performance parts to a stock car.

Thanks.

Hairy-Pickle
08-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes, forcing those things on the player isn't nice, but you've got to think about the fact that there are two packages that would look even more weird if they didn't apply some changes. That dirt one where you get your car those big wheels...even though I think it makes the car look like a joke, it would be even more of a joke to go offroad with those tiny tires. Then there's also raid or whatever it was which couldn't be accessed during the beta except for that one mission where you could drive that Nissan which I believe had the 'raid' installed. Either way, if the game comes out I won't by any means turn my regular car into an offroad car, I sure as hell hope it's not forced on the player, should be to able afford an actual SUV or a pickup.

Djunjupp
08-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Yes that's true. In-game you can always drive with all the different specs of your car. When you make a dirt spec, you can still drive with your fullstock etc.
Also, I think raid, dirt and circuit specs and maybe also the perf spec can lack the ability for the stock body kit because it wouldn't seem natural to the spec, but there should at least be one spec that still keeps the original look. Street spec isn't that much different from the fullstock, so I don't think it would seem unnatural to the spec, as it would to the others. And this way, you can buy the car you want, keep the body, upgrade the performance and even change the paint (because you can't change the paint on a fullstock car) and maybe add some stickers. I'd very much like to cruise around in an old Shelby that can accelerate higher than 213km/h and that has the paint that I like the most on it...

xLukas114x
08-29-2014, 05:34 PM
I totally agree with you! In my opinion only the most necessary parts should change! I don't understand why I need a black matte bonnet and spoiler for my 69 Charger when I upgrade it to Street Spec. A higher chassis clearance and wider wheels for Dirt Spec is completely reasonable, but everything else should be optional.

Fuzzy_Wolf-SKM
08-29-2014, 05:55 PM
I for one own a 1969 dodge charger, the problem with adding stuff to a classic has to be minimal atleast for street spec. I find it infuriating that they want to ruin a good look with a spoiler and carbon hood. plus the car is missing abunch of details I won't go into a ramble but it is quite annoying especially the auto gear box. most 69's cept for a few bought by normal people had a 4 speed trans.

chrysler built some of the best transmission in the late 60's its just dissapointing to see a 69 charger with a auto gear box. same with the 69 camaro.

BooLv
08-29-2014, 10:01 PM
jup i would love to take off spoiler from the car or get the original spoiler or swap out the moded hood wiith a stock one cus it looks beter than a tuned one, and for retro cars i should suggest look into a retro modding segment cus mods available now is bizarre for those cars, look at this camaro i think one of the best retro mods " Blue Ballz Camaro" http://s30.photobucket.com/user/icemanrld19/media/IMG_1681.jpg.html

LaXandro
08-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Agree on everything here. I've only been tuning 370Z so far, but I was disappointed that you couldn't go without spoiler and with stock bodykit. I also noticed that rim size in street spec car is larger than on fullstock, which gives the street spec away even more, so we need a wheel size adjustment. Granted, street 370Z have a bodykit that looks almost like stock (albeit without fancy foglights) and normal hood, and even dirt spec have almost stock bumpers (but only CF hood), but still, spoiler is present and is not removeable, and while you can install stock wheels, they're still larger than stock. And if I recall properly, devs said that sleepers will be indeed possible in the game.

karkaroth_
08-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Please have an option to remove spoilers, they look terrible on some cars. @ least for street spec .

Djunjupp
09-01-2014, 10:04 PM
And if I recall properly, devs said that sleepers will be indeed possible in the game.

Oh, I missed that then. It would be very welcome if it indeed is possible.

PLAZ44
09-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I created a thread earlier about sleeper cars, I'm glad others think the same way, some classics can benefit from subtle visual mods like the above Camaro but overdoing it looks awful.

Djunjupp
09-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I just hope the devs take note of our wishes :D

alexjacobs04
10-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Well lets see is they actually listen to all of us. As of me I prefer a simple car with no accessories like spoilers so that I can install add-ones as per my requirement and the look I want for my car. Recently I got side skirts for my car and they look great after getting installed but for getting the look I always wanted for my car I had to get a lot of things uninstalled and one of them was the spoilers.

I am really happy now to get the look of my car that I always wanted.

Thanks to all-fit automotive (http://allfitautomotive.com) for providing me lip-kit and the easy way installing instructions to make my car a talk of the town.

ztheskater
10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
I agree, we should have the option of choosing stock parts on the street spec. There are some cars that look better with the stock spoiler and stock body kit, especially classic muscle cars. I don't like the spoiler on the street spec '67 Shelby and would like the option of choosing the original spoiler. I understand this wouldn't make sense for all of the specs like dirt and raid, but I would like the option for street spec at least. We can already choose stock rims and stock paint, please also add the option for choosing stock spoiler and stock body kit.

Antitenant-II
10-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Please have an option to remove spoilers, they look terrible on some cars. @ least for street spec .

This really bothered me. I like spoilers and there are plenty of cars I would like to add spoilers to, but with some cars a spoiler is not the look I'm going for. I hope they do consider doing a spoilerless option. No spoiler and stock spoiler should always be an option when customizing cars in all specs, in my opinion.

CSmith746
12-11-2014, 03:39 AM
I strongly agree with this. I would like to drive around with stock looks within any spec. I don't mind the changes for dirt spec but the ugly hoods, spoilers and side skirts shouldn't be forced!